• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

black stripe kit

coloradoHCS

I am thinking of changing my stripes from white to black this summer and also adding the flat black hood areas. Does anyone have a source for high quality stripe kits? How hard are they to install? I am going to use a hair drier to remove the existing stripes, sound OK?

I think the black stripes will look good and I have never seen a black stripe kit on a Highland Green car. As Arlie knows my current white stripes are not perfect anyway.

Thanks for any input, Mark.

luisa2552

I don't know how they compare in quality but I got mine from CA mustang. I didn't do it myself but my body guy had a heck of a time getting them on. A few pieces tore. He had a local sign shop make up new pieces. I can't tell the difference. My car's just a pleasure car, no shows so I'm not looking for perfection. I'd love to see a Highland Green with black stripes. I think it would look awesome! My car was born a 302 3 speed, but now lives life the same as yours- 289 4 speed! (except not HCS)

Mustanglvr

My car is Highland green and to me it looks almost black at times. I really think black stripes will be hardly noticable. But that is only my opinion.

Mosesatm

Mustanglvr said:
My car is Highland green and to me it looks almost black at times. I really think black stripes will be hardly noticable. But that is only my opinion.

That may be exactly the point. More of a subtle "fear me"' thing rather than a flashy "look at me" thing.

Mosesatm

Believe me, Mark's other cars say, "Fear me" in a big way!

OP
OP
C

coloradoHCS

Yes, I am looking for a more subtle look. I think it will look good, but I will have a body shop install them, I don't trust myself with this change. Thanks, I will look up CA Mustang for a source on the stripes.
Mark.