• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Need help converting track times

Wayne Westmoreland

I went back to my local drag strip. The one with the 500' track.

I was hoping someone could help convert my time to approx 1/4 mile time.

Running 2007 GT/CS, automatic, street tires, all stock-no mods.

ET 7.928@69.65mph - reaction 0.731 - 60' 2.295 (April 2008)

ET 7.781@70.09mph - reaction 0.750 - 60' 2.213 (Mar 2007)

OP
OP
Wayne Westmoreland

Wayne Westmoreland

Another question. If you notice my time last year was better than my time this year. If I remember correctly, I had not yet learned what the traction control button was for. I ran the car last year with the traction control on, and later someone told me to turn it off on the track. Could having this turned off have contributed to my times being slower this year? Anyone have experience with this?

di81977

Wayne,

Here are the results of all my races, broken out by the key stages. Your 60' times are somewhat similar to mine over my last few races. I think 1/8mile is about 660 feet, so no direct comparison to 500 feet times.

Also, I am way above sea level. Not sure this has an impact on our comparisons, though, given our times are similar.

My guess on your 1/4 mile times = somewhere in the 14's.

Not sure this helps, but I thought I would share it with you.

David

Attachments

• drag racing.pdf
    48.4 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Wayne Westmoreland

Wayne Westmoreland

Wayne,

Here are the results of all my races, broken out by the key stages. Your 60' times are somewhat similar to mine over my last few races. I think 1/8mile is about 660 feet, so no direct comparison to 500 feet times.

Also, I am way above sea level. Not sure this has an impact on our comparisons, though, given our times are similar.

My guess on your 1/4 mile times = somewhere in the 14's.

Not sure this helps, but I thought I would share it with you.

David

Thanks David. Nice spreadsheet. You have been doing some serious analysis. What model Mustang are you running? What engine?

di81977

I have a 68 HCS dressed up as a GT/CS. The stripe tape kit comes with the GT/CS tape cut outs. I only have one set up HCS decals and want to save them for when I repaint the car.

It is a J code car, but have pulled the 302 and installed a 351W bored and stroked to 393CI.

I am impressed with the new Mustangs. They run really strong! Let us know your times when you race again.

Also, work on your reaction time. Take off the second you see the 3rd yellow light. Don't wait to see the green light.

david