• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS 390 questions

I received my standard Marti report on 8R01S150285 the elite reports are 6 months out. My raven Black 4-speed came with a heavy duty suspension. It has the GT rear valance.Does this assure me it is a real GT? I would also like to know if it was ever registered with the GT.CS registry. I beleive there were just over 200 390 4v cars. Does anyone know how many were 4 speeds and a guess at how many were Raven Black would be nice to entertain while I wait for my elite report. Paul, Doug, Winston can you shed some light?

clubpro

There were 215 GT/CS 390 4V and 111 with the 4 speed. As far as your car being a true GT, the rear valance is not a true indicator of a GT. You will probably have to wait for your Marti report. If the interior is original you might have a build sheet under the drivers seat, that could tell you how the car was built. Good luck!

68sunlitgold

Jerri,
Your Marti report should have stated that the car had the GT option on it, if it does not I would only assume that it is not a GT.
These are some of the GT options that can help to identify them:
- Dual exhaust with chrome quad outlets
- GT wheels (actually argent but could be upgraded to chrome) with GT center caps
- Heavy Duty suspension
- Chrome engine components
*there are other options but they are voided because of the GT/CS parts, like stripes, foglights, GT pop-open gas cap, and GT emblems (omited)

And Paul added this on another board:
"Another area is the sway bar. The GT sway bar is 3/4" in diameter while the standard small block sway bar is 5/8" in diameter.......One way to look for the GT package is to look for original dual exhaust hanger holes/bolts just above the rear end. It's not the final word--but it helps in part of the detective work"

As for your car "8R01S150285" being in the '96 registry, it is not so please register it on this site, Jon will forward the info to Paul for the new registry coming out soon.

Doug