• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

seat belt inversed?

gtcs1

Hi,
In my GT/CS, I've got the deluxe belt option with the shoulder belt.

In between the 2 seats, I've got 4 belts with buckles; 2 bolted on driver side and 2 on the passenger side. The 2 are attached with the same bolt. . It seems to me as they are inversed. I mean when I attach myself, I have to twist them 1/2 turn to buckle up, if I try to attact them with the 2 belts straight, the buckle slot is on the opposite end (wrong end, so can't buckle it)

Is it possible they're inversed? doesn't look like having been ever removed (the carpet is original)

To avoid twisting the belts, I would have to use those 2 belts bolted to the right side of the trans tunnel, for the driver???

I think that a belt buckled up crossed that doesn't make sense if you have a console, that would just interfere.

I wonder if one has pictures showing them installed, which would show them untwisted laying on the seats.

nfrntau

If you think they are backwards, switch them. They should lay flat and not have a twist when buckled up.
These cars are 40 years old, no telling what someone has done over the years. It's really easy to remove the bolt and turn them around. Could be some other guy thought the same thing as you and turned them??????