• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Disc brake conversion

robert campbell

Did you replace the gaskets under the carb? If so, the one between the PCV spacer and intake manifold may to be the correct one. The common 4 barrel gaskets hanging on the wall do not reach all the way under the outer edge of the spacer.

I will give you the Felpro number for the correct gasket tomorrow.

Rob

OP
OP
jamoaus

jamoaus

Did you replace the gaskets under the carb? If so, the one between the PCV spacer and intake manifold may to be the correct one. The common 4 barrel gaskets hanging on the wall do not reach all the way under the outer edge of the spacer.

I will give you the Felpro number for the correct gasket tomorrow.

Rob

Yeah all replaced under the carb.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobsdad

Hi everyone, thinking of doing a front disc conversion myself. I have a 289 Auto, dual well master cylinder and brake booster. Anyone had a good experience with a kit they'd recommend?
Will I be able to use my existing master cylinder and brake booster?
Also, will disc brakes work with both 14" and 15" wheels? I'm currently running 15" and would like to eventually put on a set of original argent wheels.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jamoaus

jamoaus

Hi everyone, thinking of doing a front disc conversion myself. I have a 289 Auto, dual well master cylinder and brake booster. Anyone had a good experience with a kit they'd recommend?
Will I be able to use my existing master cylinder and brake booster?
Also, will disc brakes work with both 14" and 15" wheels? I'm currently running 15" and would like to eventually put on a set of original argent wheels.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Fully recommend the Wilwood discs. I've been super happy with them after all these years later. The discs will work with 15", not sure about 14"s. I installed a new booster and master cylinder (Wilwood) as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosesatm

The 14" wheels work with the original disc brake setup, but I don't know about the aftermarket kits. You may want to get OEM parts, just to be sure.