• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 My car is headed to New Zealand

hatchdog

I sold my car to it’s new owner who lives in New Zealand. It’s been a real education for me learning how to conduct an international sale and shipment of a car. All in all it was pretty easy as the bulk of the work was done by the buyer. The car was loaded yesterday 2/11 and he expects to get the car in late April.:eek: Transportation time once it’s loaded on the container ship is 2-3 weeks out of Oakland CA so I guess the rest of the delay would be customs and inspection.

I want to thank all the great members who have helped me with questions and offered advice when I needed help. I’m not going away, I look at the site every day and read the new posts. I don’t always log on but I always read what’s posted.

Also a special thanks to Neil (Franklinair) who directed the buyer to me. Neil knew I was interested in selling my car and when he connected with my buyer Neil contacted me and asked if I was interested in talking to the person from New Zealand. Funny how all this works, when I was interested in buying a car, Arlie (mosesatm) put me in touch with Neil. Nice community we have here.

My wife and I loved and really enjoyed the car but our situation has changed to allow us more freedom and we plan to increase our RV travels and see as much of this country as possible while we are still young enough to do so. So we reluctantly decided to sell the car and pursue that dream.

I feel bad for the driver who picked up the car last night. He’s from Miami and what this picture doesn’t show is that it’s 13 degrees with a 20 mph NE wind blowing. Probably -5 wind chill. I don’t think the driver was very impressed with eastern Washington State. :grin:

Saying goodbye to our beautiful GT/CS.

Attachments

• EEE9BF5D-6681-4727-A974-141C32AB8B21.jpg
    EEE9BF5D-6681-4727-A974-141C32AB8B21.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 987CF2AF-9C43-458F-B5DF-C31627F213BE.jpg
    987CF2AF-9C43-458F-B5DF-C31627F213BE.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 95C576EE-9E2F-435C-B685-9BD83A189082.jpg
    95C576EE-9E2F-435C-B685-9BD83A189082.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Ricky Knapik

Happy and sad! Your are right, there are many super nice members here and boy do they know their stuff when it comes to CS's! I'd love to know the selling price, but understand you may not want to say. But, could you talk about the price difference between selling it in the US vs overseas? I always hear they pay more, but how much more? Thanks for any comments, and happy safe traveling to you and your wife! Should you ever need anything around central Illinois, I'd be glad to help out!

franklinair

A sweet car, and going from one good home to another.
Wow. Look at the brightness of those plasma L.E.D.'s I got from WCCC.

Neil

OP
OP
hatchdog

hatchdog

Ricky,

The buyer gave me my asking price of $35K and didn’t negotiate. I don’t mind sharing this with the members here as it helps to establish values for others cars. I don’t know what the final price will be for the buyer will be with transportation costs, import duties and other taxes but I would estimate that to be several thousand dollars on top of the purchase price.

It’s been an interesting experience doing an international sale and this is my first experience using a wire transfer. I received some great advice from Neil and the entire process went like clockwork without a hiccup.

Ricky Knapik

Thanks for the info! Price seems good and looks like the market is trending up. Happy and safe travels!