• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lucas Fog Lamp Wiring

crashkimball

I hope I am in the right place. The "Electrical" section told me that's the wrong place for questions. My first post folks. I am installing a Painless chassis wiring harness into my 68 CS/GT and I have a question about the fog light wiring. The switch has three wires. I expected two. One fog light has two wires and the other one has three wires from the original harness, with two of the three ganged together for a final two wire connection to the light. Very confusing. The painless harness has an accessory battery power wire and an accessory relay wire which their drawing shows for wiring fog lights. Anybody have any info on the original fog light wiring that might help me figure out how to connect to the Painless harness? Thanks in advance.

Mike

rvrtrash

The one that's "ganged together" on your harness will be on the left (drivers) side and just continues on to the next light. The Painless harness apparently is meant to be used with a relay. Plug the batt. wire into one of the "Contact" terminals of the relay and the other "Contact" goes to your lights. The acc. relay wire (which comes from your fog light switch by the way) goes to one side of the coil in the relay and the other side of the coil will go to ground. Hope this helps you out.

Steve