• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Photos of CS with Torque Thrust Wheels?

CraigB

Now that I have my CS I am looking at customizing her a little. I have always loved the American Racing Torque Thrust D's. I have been trying to find a photo of them on a CS. I can find heaps of photos of them on 65-66's and lots of the Bullit mustang of course but none on a CS. Does anyone have a shot or two squirreled away in their photo collections?

Thanks

CraigB

Mustanger

My GT/CS has 'em ... check 'em out :thumb: ...

Attachments

• GAS CS 40th 1.jpg
    GAS CS 40th 1.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 115

Powell

Torque thrust pics.

Just a sample of what it might look like!

Ralph

Attachments

• DSCN1055.jpg
    DSCN1055.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN1075.jpg
    DSCN1075.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 70

franklinair

They all look great, although I opted for the Shelby 15" wheels. I like the look, and they're "sorta" correct, in harmony with the other Shelby components on a C/S. Don't know of price comparison. The Shelby's were about $1,100 from Mustangs Unlimited, plus new 15" tires.
After I had seen tworings' C/S in CA last year (theirs is Meadowlark, like mine), that pretty much convinced me I NEEDED the Shelby's!!

Neil

OP
OP
CraigB

CraigB

The 15" Shelby's sounds like an interesting idea. Does anyone have any photos of a CS with the Shelby wheels?

Are are right, they do seem to keep with the theme of the CS. Where these wheels a ford option of the period?

CraigB

HappyHour

Midnight Special

...In addition chromed styled-steel and Shelbys, I think the Magnum 500s can look pretty sharp too!...

Attachments

• wht.jpg
    wht.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 68
  • red.jpg
    red.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 76
  • green.jpg
    green.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 76

Perkchiro

The 15" Shelby's sounds like an interesting idea. Does anyone have any photos of a CS with the Shelby wheels?

Are are right, they do seem to keep with the theme of the CS. Where these wheels a ford option of the period?

CraigB

Here you go.......

Attachments

• GTCS1 Small Email.JPG
    GTCS1 Small Email.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 39
  • GTCSwheel small.JPG
    GTCSwheel small.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 43

heliaster

I'm particularly partial to the torque thrusts with the machined rim and dark metal spokes (I can't for the life of think of what that's called right now).

OP
OP
CraigB

CraigB

The Torque Thrust D's with the grey spokes were the ones I was thinking of, anyone got any photos of such wheels on a CS? Then again I love the Shelby 10 spokes. It will be a hard decision.

CraigB

Russ

Photos of "Old School" Torq Thrust Wheels

Here are some photos of my 1968 GT with original American Racing Equipment Torq Thrust 14"X7" wheels. These wheels have a 1/2" positive offset. The wheels are not reproductions and are "old school" since they use 225/70 X 14 tires. These wheels are being reproduced as American Racing TTO's. I really like the footprint and stance of the car using these wheels. While the car is not a GT/CS, it gives you a different look from the new 17" torq thrust wheels, which are also quite distinctive. By the way, my two GT/CS cars ride on original 1968 rallye wheels.

Attachments

• 100_0121.JPG
    100_0121.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 100_0128.JPG
    100_0128.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 53
  • Front GT Wheel.jpg
    Front GT Wheel.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 56

JohnnyQuest515

Costs of Shelby wheels

I found the Shelby 15" wheels for $798 at CJ Pony. Not the only supplier for these but they do look sharp.

There are also 17" Shelby wheels that cost a little more and your tire choices would be better.

I am saving for the 15" Shelby wheels in the spring myself :grin:

Randy

**They have tire packages also**

Last edited: