• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Stripe color ????

Toy68CS

My car is Brittany blue and originally came with a black vinyl top and black interior.
Would that confirm the original stripes would have been black.
The previous owner put a white vinyl top and I believe white stripes on it.

Thanks
Bruce

Ruppstang

My car is Brittany blue and originally came with a black vinyl top and black interior.
Would that confirm the original stripes would have been black.
The previous owner put a white vinyl top and I believe white stripes on it.

Thanks
Bruce

Yes with a black top and interior I believe that the stripe would be black. We have a Brittany blue car with a black interior no vinyl top that has white stripes.
Marty

OP
OP
Toy68CS

Toy68CS

Yes with a black top and interior I believe that the stripe would be black. We have a Brittany blue car with a black interior no vinyl top that has white stripes.
Marty

Thanks Marty
Interesting without the black top it came with white stripes:icon_ecst

Ruppstang

Thanks Marty
Interesting without the black top it came with white stripes:icon_ecst

I am not sure if the stripe color was predetermined by Ford or it was a buyers choice. Marti reports tell us nothing. A build sheet may have some answers. I would love to a GTCS dealer order sheet. That would give us the answer.
Marty

CaliStang68

I am not sure if the stripe color was predetermined by Ford or it was a buyers choice. Marti reports tell us nothing. A build sheet may have some answers. I would love to a GTCS dealer order sheet. That would give us the answer.
Marty
Well if you find one let us know, I have the highland green with black top and black interior and would be curious to know. Although white seems way more obvious than a black stripe for visibility purposes. But its still an interesting topic.
Rick

Ruppstang

Well if you find one let us know, I have the highland green with black top and black interior and would be curious to know. Although white seems way more obvious than a black stripe for visibility purposes. But its still an interesting topic.
Rick

I can not imagine not using a white stripe on Highland Green regardless the top color. Gold stripe looks good but not original.

Mosesatm

I agree with Marti about black on Highland Green - never seen one, but there is an Acapulco Blue R-code with black stripes.

Attachments

• 1984 Winter Mustang by Hot Rod 1 Copy.jpg
    1984 Winter Mustang by Hot Rod 1 Copy.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 23

franklinair

Here's a couple of Gulf streams: one with Black stripes, one with White.

Neil

Attachments

• DSC00899.jpg
    DSC00899.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 28