• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

UFC 186 and my dad

joedls

My buddy, Rampage Jackson, is fighting tomorrow night in UFC 186. He had a hard road getting there. The promoter he was fighting for sued him and got an injunction to prevent him from fighting in this fight. He won an emergency appeal on Tuesday and flew to Canada on Wednesday (that's where UFC 186 is). It should be an exciting fight! His opponent likes to brawl so that should make it exciting.

I know I haven't said anything to you guys but my dad passed away last week. Before he passed, I flew to TX a couple of times when my dad was in the hospital. The last time, Rampage sent my dad a video wishing him well. It really lifted my dad's spirits (he was a fan).

Anyway, as soon as Rampage found out he was going to fight, he texted me and let me know. He told me he'd be kicking ass for my dad.

So if anyone watches this fight, just know, that it has a special meaning to me.

sportyworty

That is a great story.
Thanks for sharing and yes condolences to you and your family

RAMPAGE JACKSON gets the job done. Must be a class guy and tough as nails to boot

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Thanks guys. Rampage won by unanimous decision.

This is what mmamania.com had to say:

After nearly losing out on his chance at fighting at UFC 189 due to a court
injunction that was eventually overturned, "Rampage" put on one of his best and
most well-rounded performances in his illustrious mixed martial arts (MMA)
career.

Jackson's punches were crisp, and when Maldonado asked for more
punishment, "Rampage" was happy to oblige. Heck, the former champ even threw a
few head kicks!

Then this morning we had this text exchange:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Mustanger

Hey Joe, I'm sorry to hear about your dad, my prayers are with you ... it is really nice to hear that Rampage was supportive too ...

OP
OP
joedls

joedls

Hey Joe, I'm sorry to hear about your dad, my prayers are with you ... it is really nice to hear that Rampage was supportive too ...

Thank you, Ruben!

Rampage is a great guy. He's also a big car guy. He just recently got a Hellcat when he re-signed with the UFC as part of his signing bonus. I tease him that I have the Hellcat killer. I recently had this T-shirt made for him.

Last edited: