• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

3 speed or 4??

luisa2552

Hi all,
I am a proud owner of a Highland Green special. She's in fair shape, a daily driver that gets used more than my SUV! Anyway, I have a question about the Marti report. It shows my car with a 302 and 3 speed manual. It's got a 289 with a 4 speed manual. The previous owner(second he claims) replaced the engine after the 302 failed, but has never done the transmission. He had owned it 20 years. I guess it's possible it was changed out by the first owner, or can the report be wrong?? I doubt that but I'm just trying to get more info on the car. I love the 4 speed anyway and don't plan on changing it back!
Thanks, Sara

Mustanglvr

Hi Sara,
Your Marti Report is probably right. Kevin Marti really knows his stuff. I have a Highland green GT/CS too. Mine originally had a 200 6 cylinder in it but a former owner took that out and put in a 289 4 barrell with a 4 speed tranny. I love my car. I`m happy to see another female GT/CS owner on the site. I hope you stick around. :) Rhonda

OP
OP
L

luisa2552

Thanks for the reply Rhonda. I love my car too. Even my husband doesn't get it. It started out to be his car- he got it in a trade for some work . But he just didn't give it the time it deserves so it's mne now. He's looking for a project car. I like this one in the original shape it's in which is pretty good. It needs a new dash pad and the seats recovered, but thats about it. New paint next month, but it doesn't look too bad now. The kids love it when I pick them up from school in it! Take care, Sara

Mustanglvr

Thats great to hear Sara. I`m glad you are enjoying your car. Its the same with me. My kids thought I had bought an ugly car (I guess because of the green color) but when their friends started telling them it was the coolest car they`d ever seen, they changed their minds real quick. They absolutely love it now. Mine is in about the same condition as yours, it sounds like. Mine needs a paint job, but from 20 feet away it looks like a show winner. It has all new interior but some of it still needs to be installed. Rhonda