CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 12/08/2011, 11:42 PM   #1
Batgirl89

My Garage
Craigslist GT/CS san diego, ca

Price: 17,995.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/ctd/2730908363.html

Body 65A = 2-door hardtop
Paint Q = Brittany Blue
Trim 2B = Light and dark blue vinyl
Date 09B = February 9, 1968
DSO 71 = Los Angeles
Axle 2 = 2.79:1
Trans W = C4 automatic
CORONADO MOTORS
136 B AVE
CORONADO, CA 92118
619-437-7093
Vehicle Information
VIN: 8R01C139882
Miles: 28211
Engine: 8-Cylinder 289 4.7L V-8
Stock #: 1045
Trim: GT/CS California Special
Color: Brittany Blue
Batgirl89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/15/2011, 05:43 PM   #2
joedls
My Car Details

eBay: 65-4-me

That's a pre-debut car.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
joedls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2011, 12:58 AM   #3
calspl390

hello joedls
what do you mean by pre debut car??
thanks dylan.
calspl390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/22/2011, 08:53 AM   #4
joedls
My Car Details

There was a promotional event on Feb. 15, 1968 where Ford debuted the GT/CS. This car was built before then. According to Paul Newitt's book, it is one of the first 200 cars built.

Joe

HP numbers are good and all, but they're like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make, if I can still kick your ass.
Old 12/22/2011, 10:48 PM   #5
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Oh my god is all of this a loaded bunch of info. Many cars were built before the debut. Evidence has shown that some may have been pulled off the line and staged. Paul's book never concluded when the first build date was. End of story on that and we discover more and more every day.

Rob
robert campbell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2011, 07:29 AM   #6
Mosesatm

We have roughly 90 cars in the registry with build dates before 2/15/1968 and another 100 built on 2/15/1968.
These are build dates from the cars' data plates, not from Marti reports.
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2011, 09:31 AM   #7
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert campbell View Post
Oh my god is all of this a loaded bunch of info. Many cars were built before the debut. Evidence has shown that some may have been pulled off the line and staged. Paul's book never concluded when the first build date was. End of story on that and we discover more and more every day.

Rob
Rob,

Were you referring to my post? How is it a "loaded bunch of info"? You wrote that many cars were built before the debut. Did you think I wrote something that contradicted that? As a matter of fact, I wrote that Paul's book indicated that it was one of the first 200. I don't understand how you took what I wrote and jumped to Paul's book not concluding when the first build date was. I didn't write anything about the first build date. And I don't have a clue why you wrote, "End of story on that...". What do you mean? I wasn't trying to stir anything up. I was just making a factual statement that this car was built before the debut and that according to Paul's book it was one of the first 200.

Joe

Old 12/23/2011, 11:18 AM   #8
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Joe,
Poor choice of words on my part! Sorry that it came across that way.

I am a bit too defensive on the early cars due to the treatment I received from the old registrar. I need to get over that, so again sorry my baggage came across that way. There was a claim in the latest book published that the debut car on the stage was found. It is in the right timeframe and could be, but the proof was a bit lacking in my opinion. Further the old registrar went further to state the earliest possible build date for a GT/CS. With the strike in 1967 and slow car sales, and the prestaging of cars to convert, VIN numbers and build dates need other evidence to prove they were on the stage. Arlie and I have a couple of leads currently on two all white car that are a perfect match to the on all white one at the debut. Looking for some kind of owner proof to make that leap.

Anyway, please accept my apology on this subject. You stated a very simple fact and were totally correct.

Rob
Old 12/23/2011, 11:59 AM   #9
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Joe,
Poor choice of words on my part! Sorry that it came across that way.

I am a bit too defensive on the early cars due to the treatment I received from the old registrar. I need to get over that, so again sorry my baggage came across that way. There was a claim in the latest book published that the debut car on the stage was found. It is in the right timeframe and could be, but the proof was a bit lacking in my opinion. Further the old registrar went further to state the earliest possible build date for a GT/CS. With the strike in 1967 and slow car sales, and the prestaging of cars to convert, VIN numbers and build dates need other evidence to prove they were on the stage. Arlie and I have a couple of leads currently on two all white car that are a perfect match to the on all white one at the debut. Looking for some kind of owner proof to make that leap.

Anyway, please accept my apology on this subject. You stated a very simple fact and were totally correct.

Rob
I was wondering what I did to piss in your Post Toasties. No problem, we're still good. I'm not telling you what to do, but IMHO, you really shouldn't get all worked up anytime someone mentions the debut or early cars. It's gonna give you high blood pressure and at your age you can't afford it.

Joe

Old 12/23/2011, 09:10 PM   #10
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Joe,
I eat oatmeal.... And you could not be more correct!!!

Rob
Old 12/23/2011, 11:11 PM   #11
joedls
My Car Details

Quote:
Joe,
I eat oatmeal.... And you could not be more correct!!!

Rob

Joe

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads