• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS 1966 High Country Special

classicsguy

Is a 1966 HCS worth restoring even though it’s a 6 cyl auto and factory Timberline green?

I know that there were just 333 made

Opinions?

Ruppstang

I think it would be provided it is not very rusty. The 6 cyl cars that I have were light and fun to drive.

Marty

HCS register

66hcs-conv

I agree with Marty.

If you know of such a car, and you are not interested, please let me know.

Thanks, Dave :smile:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I know the straight sixes don't add value according to the books, but I actually like them. My first '68 coupe had a 200 cid and it had plenty of pep to get my teenage self into trouble. It was super easy to work on with plenty of room in the engine bay and no matter how hard I drove it I couldn't kill that 6 cyl.

And I like the Timberline color too. Not something you see every day.

66hcs-conv

My first Mustang was a '66 convertible with a 200 cube, 6 cyl. I was servicing copying machines, and I put 75,000 miles on the car in 3 years! Drove the you know what outta the car. All I did was change oil every 2 - 3 k miles.

I had a friend that ran an irrigation company in Neb. They used 200 cube Ford engines to run the irrigation pumps. Those engines sat out in fields for years. The lucky engines had a simple corrugated tin cover over them. My friend used one of those irrigation engines in his 66 Mustang! They are a tough old engine.

have fun, Dave