• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

390 "S" code GT/CS listed on eBay ...

GT/CS S Code

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190304421967

There is a current eBay listing for a claimed "S" code 390 GT/CS up here in Vancouver, B.C., Canada (just across the "pond" from us here in Victoria). I've emailed him and asked if he has a Marti for it, plus I"ve asked if he'd be willing to give me the VIN information for comparison to our "S" code to see if it's close or not. We'll see what he answers back and I'll let you know. I have a watch on his auction just to see if it gets any play or not ... so far no bids. (Not surprising with these terrible photos and without more info being supplied on the car ...)

Attachments

• 6646_1.jpg
    6646_1.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 75
  • !BRf5mwwBWk~$(KGrHgoOKioEjlLme88sBJ-T1KJ5!Q~~_1.jpg
    !BRf5mwwBWk~$(KGrHgoOKioEjlLme88sBJ-T1KJ5!Q~~_1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 75
  • 6669_1.jpg
    6669_1.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 6695_1.jpg
    6695_1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 63

Mosesatm

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=190304421967

There is a current eBay listing for a claimed "S" code 390 GT/CS up here in Vancouver, B.C., Canada (just across the "pond" from us here in Victoria). I've emailed him and asked if he has a Marti for it, plus I"ve asked if he'd be willing to give me the VIN information for comparison to our "S" code to see if it's close or not. We'll see what he answers back and I'll let you know. I have a watch on his auction just to see if it gets any play or not ... so far no bids. (Not surprising with these terrible photos and without more info being supplied on the car ...)

If you write to him again please ask him if punctuation and spelling are still taught in school. The way things are going the next generation is going to be totally illiterate!!!

Last edited:

classicsguy

I would not portray a BIG BLOCK GT/CS with these pictures...It can't be appreciated

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

VIN from this eBay GT/CS "S" code ...

After I questioned the seller about this car he posted the VIN on an edited version of the auction. He claimed to have a Marti for the car, but it was in his "storage" and he couldn't retrieve it readily, so he listed the VIN on the auction so that anyone that was interested could get a Marti done on it themselves. OK ....

8RO1S156685

This is a somewhat earlier car than our "S" code (8R01S161311), and I don't see that VIN posted on the registry. It didn't receive any bids this time around, so I wonder if he'll relist it with some better photos?

somethingspecial

After I questioned the seller about this car he posted the VIN on an edited version of the auction. He claimed to have a Marti for the car, but it was in his "storage" and he couldn't retrieve it readily, so he listed the VIN on the auction so that anyone that was interested could get a Marti done on it themselves. OK ....

8RO1S156685

If I'm not mistaken, this is the "Elusive S code in Vancouver" from another thread. It was black with gold graphics in other pics I have seen. The VIN is the same as the black and gold car. It was up in Northern Vancouver Island last I spoke to the previous seller. It has a build date (Door data tag) as 04-15-68 which is same as mine. I was interested long ago but the detailed photos he sent me showed lots of rust. Couldn't tell if surface or deep rust so I passed. Looks like it has been cleaned up and repainted. Should have been Highland Green. Mike

Herck

That car u guys are talking about is mine there is no rust and the car was never black or gold. It is also is a real s code gt car i put it on ebay to test the waters thats all if i got what i needed out of the car i would of sold it, A lot talkers wanting to trade there cars for mine. This car is solid no rust on frame or body.

390cs68rcode

That car u guys are talking about is mine there is no rust and the car was never black or gold. It is also is a real s code gt car i put it on ebay to test the waters thats all if i got what i needed out of the car i would of sold it, A lot talkers wanting to trade there cars for mine. This car is solid no rust on frame or body.

What were you looking to get for your car?

Herck

15000. I think that is a fair price for the car I have been offered everything from a porsche to a boat for it i guess a lot of people are cash poor rite now but i am selling because i need the cash not another project i have enough of those rite now all ready

JohnnyQuest515

I do better on autotrader.com than ebay. Load better pictures, better description, VIN number, marti report and so on.

Use spell check, this isn't a chat room, better impression if you look more professional.
Also this is in Vancouver, so many will shy away from this already.

Randy

390cs68rcode

15000. I think that is a fair price for the car I have been offered everything from a porsche to a boat for it i guess a lot of people are cash poor rite now but i am selling because i need the cash not another project i have enough of those rite now all ready

At 15k I would bet it would sell sooner or later. Take more pics, post a Marti report and add to the description and it will sell.

And the wanting to be traded for other vehicles is VERY common on Ebay. I have sold a few cars on Ebay and got more than one offer for a trade each time. Best one was a plane (too bad I don't know how to fly) for a Ferrari I had.

hookedtrout

Can't even imagine going that fast attached to the ground, maybe someday I'll get a chance to see what it's like, need to find me a friend with a Ford GT around here.

I do have a friend/acquaintence with a Lamborghini, it's all white with white interior and so much glass it looks like a pimp mobile? Maybe it's just me, never have went for a ride with him, how fast do they go? Not even sure what year it is but I'd guess it's a mid 90's?

Cory

rvrtrash

Actually, I was thinking of contacting you about the car, but I'm in the same boat as you, car rich/cash poor and just picked up a Cougar project.

Steve

Midnight Special

Cory "Can't even imagine going that fast attached to the ground, maybe someday I'll get a chance to see what it's like, need to find me a friend with a Ford GT around here."

...Probably wouldn't be much fun in anything we have. It's one thing to have enough horsepower & gearing, tho quite another to be able to manage it properly. At my ripe ole age I think I would only want to do it in a "David Athans" sort of way... Straight line and lots of sand at the end of the strip ;-)

390cs68rcode

now you guys can have a ride along (this is in the GT, we did not have a camera hooked up in my Lamborghini). Listen to me talk to the car during the run. :)

My GT puts out 700hp now and will have 1400 when we do this event in October. Twin Turbo!

http://www.vimeo.com/3912146