• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Crash And Burn

twoclassics

Well I have had this GT/CS for 1 week now and it did not take long for some Doctor to fly up behind me and decide to rear end the old gal. Although no injuries damage to the rear bumper and some fiberglass damage. Boy these mustangs are stout, there is no bending of the bumper just a little chrome scuff. You should see his 4 runner bumper, it will have to be replaced, think I will take the olg gal to the demolition derby this weekend Chuck

Mustanger

Bummer!!! :'( I feel for you, I hope it won't take much to fix'er up - but it does sound like the "older car" survived the ordeal better than the newer one... ;)

OP
OP
T

twoclassics

Bingo, I suppose if the corner fiberglass does not match with this new paint I might as well not have the back panel match, Jason you pick up on the little things, by the way is that a 67 air breather on that 68 at the hooters show, I dp pick the little things up too errrr Chuck :eek:

Mosesatm

Chuck, if your bodyshop doesn't know where to get the fiberglass parts they might want to try either Rebel Mustang or Tony Branda. From what I've read on this board it seems that these two vendors have the best quality. Personally, from what I've heard about Rebel I'd go with them, even with their higher price.

If the shop buys cheap parts, especially true for end caps, from another vendor they will probably spend many, many hours trying to make the parts fit properly.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=twoclassics link=board=1;threadid=2051;start=0#msg13645 date=1124466097]
Bingo, I suppose if the corner fiberglass does not match with this new paint I might as well not have the back panel match, Jason you pick up on the little things, by the way is that a 67 air breather on that 68 at the hooters show, I dp pick the little things up too errrr Chuck :eek:
[/quote]

yep, that was the incorrect 67 air cleaner that came with the car. It has the correct setup now.

nfrntau

What a bummer. That's the good thing about these 68's as opposed to say a 2005.
The older cars were made to hold up and beat the hell out of the passengers. The newer cars will crumble around the passengers leaving the people AOK but the car mashed.
Unless you live in Texas and drive a pick em truck ;D