• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

any one planning on doing some performance work on there engines

rvrtrash

Call me old school, but I've always had a thing for the factory Tri-Power set ups. :cool:
Steve

joedls

I'm installing a Holley 174 blower on a forged piston 302 with a blower cam. Almost done. I'll let you know how it turns out.

The only problem is it didn't fit under the stock hood, so I just purchased a different hood and a CJ scoop. I'm still trying to get the dimensions for the proper placement.

OP
OP
H

Herck

joedls do u still need me to measure scoop hole for u i forgot. when i get engine together ill run it on the local dyno and post horsepower i should be over 550 on pump fuel. should be a scary cali.

P

PNewitt

I'm thinking of putting a (compact) type Paxton or Vortech blower on the 390, and use Edelbrock heads, with roller rockers. Maybe build it as a stroked 390, too.

I thought about taking a "CS SHELBY" lettered oval air cleaner, and having it welded up (in aluminum) to be an air box for the Holley, with the blower hose attached to the side. Of course, use a sidewinder intake, and "CS-SHELBY" valve covers.

Paint the block Ford blue, with polished metal and dark grey metallic detailing on the valve covers and air box.

Paul N.

OP
OP
H

Herck

pual that sound cool thats basically what im doing i got my block sonic tested and was able to over bore it to a 428. i wanted to put a blower on my car but original owner stuck a cobra jet shaker on it so i kind of want to leave it on when u get it done maybe we could go to a track and have a little race tape it then post it here.if u go to fe speacialtys on the web there is a s code mustang drag racing video there u should take a look he builds ford fe motors. he does porting and polishing to so a good place to look.

joedls

Herck said:
joedls do u still need me to measure scoop hole for u i forgot. when i get engine together ill run it on the local dyno and post horsepower i should be over 550 on pump fuel. should be a scary cali.

Herck, do you have the shaker hood, or the 68 CJ hood?

68gt390

Guess I can now put a reply to this thread. Went to the United Ford Owners Super Swap today here in Columbus and picked up a few items for the CS. Got a 428 CJ crank, a set of 428 CJ heads and oh yea a 428 CJ block. Now I'm ready to rock and roll. I had originally planned to use another 390 block but, for the price I got the CJ block for I just couldn't pass it up. Now I can pull my #'s matching 390 and keep it all in one piece. :icon_ecst
Gee, I wonder if I can now say my CS is an "R" code plus. Excuse the expression but, She's gonna flat ass fly when I'm done with her and I don't care what the price of gas is. Can anyone out there say "Bow Tie Killer". Maybe I should use the following now for my plate: "FluByU". :grin:

Don :thumb:

OP
OP
H

Herck

we both have 428 motors now when u finish well have to race its too bad u didnt pick motor up u could of over bored to 428 and spent money on strocker kit for block.

68gt390

Herck said:
we both have 428 motors now when u finish well have to race its too bad u didnt pick motor up u could of over bored to 428 and spent money on strocker kit for block.

Trust me, I plan on boring the 428 block. It's still the standard bore but, it won't be for long. Check your email. It will answer questions on 390 block we talked about.

Don :grin: