• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Additional Registry inquiry

dbeal

I am checking to see if my GT\CS is in the registry? Vin number is 8R01J156978. Thanks in advance!

Darrell

68gt390

Darrell;
Checked both of Paul's books and your car was not listed. By the way, your car was on the line in front of mine. My VIN: 8R01S156979 and went to DSO 74. What DSO did your car go to?

Don ;D

68sunlitgold

It is also a good sign that it is a authentic GT/CS since these cars tended to be done in punches. This way workers could put on the CS parts, drill the required holes, and cut out sheet metal (rear panel lights) on many cars versus just one or two.

Doug

PS. my coupe (non-CS) and CS are only 250 VIN #'s apart and are twins as far as color, engine, transmission, and interior (minus A/C). Remember the VIN #'s don't actually mean when they came down the line but when they were placed into the Ford system. You can actually have a later # and it was built before the earlier one, this is especially true with the CS because of the special parts.

OP
OP
D

dbeal

It was sent to Seattle originally..somehow it ended up in Flagstaff Arizona where a local teenager abused it until it was not worth repairing at the time. It ended up in a salvage yard where a fellow GT/CS owner saved it from the crusher. I purchased it from him. It is currently in the body shop having the front end damage repaired, new outer wheel houses put on, new rear quarters, and other minor things taken care of. I have the Marti Report that verifies it as an actual J code 4 speed GT/CS.

When I get it back from the body shop I will post more photos in my folder on this site. ;D

OP
OP
D

dbeal

BTW.. How do I get the vehicle in the registry??

bish

Go to the registry section of this site.
good luck with your resto!

68gt390

Darrell;
Good luck with your restoration. Trust me, when it's all done and said you'll look back and say "Wow" it was all worth it. I heard my GT/CS fire up this afternoon after 4 weeks of engine mods and all I can say is "Wow" it was all worth it. She goes to her first big show Saturday July 10th. My fellow Mustang Club members are chomping at the bit to see her. Not only will they see her but, they will hear her as well. Myself and the individual doing the engine work worked all today to get her done. When we fired up the engine, people came from out of nowhere and couldn't beleive what they were hearing. Some of the folks even made comment they had no idea that she was a Mustang and that they had never seen a GT/CS. Want to talk about a great feeling. You'll experience that as well when your's is done. Again, good luck and be sure to post some pictures for all of us to see.

Don ;D ;D ;D ;D