• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Shaker Hood

nfrntau

I went to a car show today just to browse and came across this air cleaner assembly. I've never seen one like this, anyone know what year did they make these?

Attachments

• DSCF8042_resize.jpg
    DSCF8042_resize.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 64

robert campbell

Looks like a bit non-stock, but just when you think you have seen it all.... Looks like 428 CJ Valve covers. What was the year and cid of this car?

Rob

DeadStang

It looks like a modified 1967 GT air cleaner base, with a B2 or CJ shaker midplate and top installed. They probably needed the shorter '67 aircleaner to make the shaker ride at the correct height thru the hood due to a slightly higher-rise intake manifold than stock.

DeadStang

Deadstang seems correct. Might be a performer RPM manifold in blue paint. Hard to tell..

Rob

Could also be a Blue Thunder intake--I've heard that they're close to the stock intake height, but not exactly. I like the stock look and always paint my aftermarket stuff the match what the factory piece looked like, so I'd agree that he painted the "whatever" intake to match the engine. Actually not a bad bit of work he did to make his shaker, but the factory '67 GT Mustang/Cougar aircleaners are few and far between and hard to come by, so it's kind of a shame to see one cut up like that.

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

This motor was in a 1970 Mustang fastback. I didn't speak to the owner so I'm not sure which motor it is. I mostly was amused that someone would go to the trouble of altering the aircleaner in that manner just to have a shacker scoop look up top.
Due to the expertise of the members of this site this thread went someplace I hadn't even intended.
Kudos to you guys for your keen eyes and in depth knowelege.