• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Question: "IF" I republished my books..

P

PNewitt

I don't mean to create any false hopes here, but, I was wondering "IF" I republished my books, and sold them exclusively through Tony Branda, would you be "OK" with not having the registry listings & photos of cars?

It would just be history, etc..from the 1988 and 1989 editions combined and anything "new" to report. Something like 80-90 pages total??

Perhaps the registry could be on this website --exclusively?? Just VINs and data--with option of owner's names (for security reasons)???

I've got this BIG (Model RR) book project going until Oct, but will be free to do some new things...like this revision.

And--what if it sold for $45-55???

Just wondering--any thoughts??

Thanks--Paul Newitt

68sunlitgold

Paul,
I say go for it. I believe most of us here, including me, get more from your two books from the history, identification, restoration, etc. then from the listings and pictures.

Unlike the Shelby registry which has access to the Shelby database to cross-check every car in its books, you have listed anyone in your book that filled out and sent in data. You took everyone’s word that the info they sent you was true. However, we know that the only way one can prove it is a "true" GT/CS is with a Marti Report.

The book is worth more in terms of the wealth of information it gives on how the GT/CS came to be and how to identify the real ones from the fakes. A new book would help those out there that want to buy or restore their GT/CS.

I would like to be the first to place my order.

Doug

dbeal

I would be interested as I don't have much info on the GT/CS to go on.

Would it have the detail information needed for restoration work? My biggest problem is as my GTCS was a shell, I am basically without any reference points to work with. If you look at my photo's posted you can see what I mean. Since those photo's were taken basically the entire back half of the car has been replaced, floorpans, and the front frame and radiator support has been replaced also. I am looking for reference points for accurately placing the scripts on the rear quarters, quarter side scoops, and location for the hood locks.

BTW I hope to update my photo gallery soon to show the progress so far..

Darrell ;D

hicountrybob

Paul, go for it. Also i will be sending you info (on 3x5 cards) of 70+ GT/CS that I've been contacted about this past 18 months, giving me vin #'s, etc. for any new publications you may or may not decide to write for us. All for now, hicountry Bob Teets

dbeal

Paul,

I hope you do the new book, cuz at the present there is no way in heck I'm ever gonna be able to afford one of your old ones..I tried to get one that is on Ebay right now.. and it is over 175.00. Thats a bit of money I can use for parts!

Darrell

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Geesch! $175?

I shoulda hoarded lots more books to sell on EBAY, so "I" can buy more parts!

Hmmm....looks like I better be considering this book idea.

Paul.

68sunlitgold

Paul,
and you could still sell them for more than you are asking because everyone wants them. Maybe this time you should keep a dozen and after a couple of years sell them on ebay and make all your money back on just the 12 books.

Doug

By the way, you mentioned having them sold by Tony Branda, will that be the only place to purchase them?

Calspecialdreamer

Paul

Combining both books into one is a great idea. Even tho I have both of your books, I would still purchase the combined one.
In the past, you have mentioned you PURPOSELY left stuff out of the originals. Would that be included?

dbeal

Paul it's almost 200 now!! Puleez do not ask that much if you publish the new one...otherwise I still won't be able to afford it..

Darrell

nfrntau

If you publish this book, I will buy a copy.
Add my name to your list.
If you need a promise note prior to publishing just let me know.