• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tail light housing

nfrntau

Can one of you guys with an original paint (68) car tell me if the mounting screws from the fiberglass tail light housing panel to the original steel panel are painted or not. Mine are rust colored which would lead me to believe natural color.
Thanks Bill

GTCSMustang

They are not painted. I assume you are talking about the ones that are visible when the trunk is opened?

Scott

John McGilvary

Scott the screws are not painted. My CS has original paint. I have some good pics of them in my gallery. ( California Special/428CJ/2006) John

John McGilvary

Hey John,

Do you have the build sheet for your car?

Scott

Yes and no Scott. I don't have a build sheet in my hand, but because I have never had to remove the carpet or repair anything inside the car where the sheet may be hidden, there is a good chance I will find one if I look in the right place. I do have the elite Marti report. John

GTCSMustang

John,
Just curious how it might match up to mine. Mine was under the seat springs.
Scott

John McGilvary

Hey Scott, I haven't ever even looked for mine, but I will shortly, and get back to ya. Hey Bill, sorry for getting off the subject. I hope the pics in my gallery answered your question for you. no paint. John