CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/16/2018, 07:34 PM   #16
Ruppstang

My Garage
Wow nice pictures! Thanks Arlie.
It was just killing me working the show and not spending every minute with the cars.
Thanks to everyone who participated in our 68 display!
The MCA was very impressed.
It is hard to say when we will see a group of specials like that again.
It was also great to have Arlie and Neil there as well, felt like family.
Marty

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/17/2018, 10:57 AM   #17
DanTeets

Great show Marty! It was a pleasure meeting everyone and enjoyed all of the cars. Very cool. Thanks also for sharing the pics Arlie.
DanTeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/2018, 02:42 PM   #18
Ricky Knapik

My Garage
Thanks to Arlie for talking me into trying this site again. Finally it seems to be working properly thanks to Jon getting my setting right.
Marty, you da man! What a great job by you and your entire staff of volunteers! GT/CS and HCS heaven! I can't imagine any other show living up to my expectations now!
Ricky Knapik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/19/2018, 09:46 PM   #19
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

It was nice to meet new people and see old friends again. Really nice to see all those 68's.I hope everyone got home safe.
I had a couple of heart stopping moments on my trip but not even a flat tire. Arlie adjusted the choke when she didn't like the chilly weather and she ran great after that.
True California car! Thanks to Marty and Tari for all their hard work.
Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye to the Teets family. I didn't know they weren't going to be there on Sunday.

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/20/2018, 11:11 AM   #20
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
Donna; Glad your drive home went well. Did the A/C work? What was the problem?

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM   #21
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

Neil, I went to one shop in Lincoln but their work load was too backed up so I went to another shop they recommended and even though they were slammed, they took a look and found a bad part, (a plug in thing) and replaced it and I had air. But due to the extreme heat I encountered starting in Kingman, Az all the rest of the way home, I did not use the air. There are nothing but long steep grades and it was 108 degrees. With no fan shroud I was not going to risk overheating even though I was rolling steady.
So that was pretty miserable but I didn't break down like the others I saw pulled over!
I finally washed the car from the road grime this morning and I am headed to the shop that installed the a/c and fan shroud. I tried very hard to get my car back to them when the shroud melted and they knew I had the MCA trip coming up. They asked what days I had available to bring her in and I gave them my schedule but never heard back from them. Then I leave on the trip and discover no A/C. ...They don't know I'm coming.... stay tuned.

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions