• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Rechromed 67 Rear Bumper

stangfan

I have a line on a Ford rear bumper which has been rechromed. The seller is listing it as a 1967. Given that there should be a date stamped into the rear surface of the bumper somewhere, can you guys see a problem with me using a 67 bumper? I'm not trying to make the car concours correct, but I figure a rechromed Ford bumper is a huge step up from a reproduction one.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Steve

gt/csj4

I have a line on a Ford rear bumper which has been rechromed. The seller is listing it as a 1967. Given that there should be a date stamped into the rear surface of the bumper somewhere, can you guys see a problem with me using a 67 bumper? I'm not trying to make the car concours correct, but I figure a rechromed Ford bumper is a huge step up from a reproduction one.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Steve
No not at all. The 67-68 bumpers were/ are the same and unless you pull it off during judging to see the stamping:cheesy:, no one will know (and depending on the build date, if it's an early car it wouldnt matter anyway since they carried over 67 parts to 68's) just make sure the bumper guards (if applicable) are correct 68's

Ruppstang

Yes a Ford rechrome bumper is a ton better than the reproduction. Much better chrome and best of all it will fit like Ford intended. The 68's use a C7 part #s. unless the part was changed the part number stayed the same. The difference would be in the date code. That can be found in the center bottem.
Marty

Ruppstang

just make sure the bumper guards (if applicable) are correct 68's[/QUOTE]

68-68 rear bumper gards were the same. Marty

gt/csj4

just make sure the bumper guards (if applicable) are correct 68's

68-68 rear bumper gards were the same. Marty[/QUOTE]

i was meaning the front guards haha i saw what I posted and realized what i said but it was too late!! you already got me :grin:

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

Got the bumper. I found the code on the back of it. 1 15 M8 Can anyone tell me what that decodes to? I'm wondering if it really is a 68 bumper. :grin: