• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Seat Belts

my68cs

Is there any difference between deluxe interior seat belts and regular interior seat belts? I have another set of seat belts that came with my car. They are smaller than the set that's on the car. My car came with two different lengths of belts. I don't know if they came with the car or added on later.

C160223

Is there any difference between deluxe interior seat belts and regular interior seat belts? I have another set of seat belts that came with my car. They are smaller than the set that's on the car. My car came with two different lengths of belts. I don't know if they came with the car or added on later.

Deluxe seat belts was an seperate option which included a warning light (instrument cluster already has a "belt" lens by right signal indicator) The difference between regular and deluxe belts is the deluxe belts have chrome trim around the buckle. Not sure if the deluxe belt option was included when ordering the deluxe interior or if it had to be ordered seperately?

Seat belts can be found on ebay, or check classifieds ads on here or other Mustang Forums. Also try Snake Oyl http://ssnake-oyl.com/

68gt390

You will have 2 different length belts. One set is for the lap belt and the other set if for the shoulder belts. You will find the early production 68's didn't come with the shoulder belts. My GT coupe doesn't have the shoulder belts (Nov 67 build), and my CS has them (Apr 68 build).

Don

case12

You can have deluxe seatbelts without deluxe interior. It was a separate option (which I have on my CS). As noted, they are chrome metal case, and the center push button. Casey

Mustanger

You can have deluxe seatbelts without deluxe interior. It was a separate option (which I have on my CS). As noted, they are chrome metal case, and the center push button. Casey

I also have the a standard black interior, along with a center console, and deluxe seatbelts as described above ... Marti Report confirmed ...

sam

Snake Oyl is the company out of Texas (I beleive) that reproduces seat belts. Had them done for my CalSpec 8 years ago and they came back excellent. You'll be please.
Sam

390cs68rcode

when you say chrome metal case I assume you mean the outer ring is chrome plated plastic or do you mean your seatbelt CASE is metal?

picture?

case12

my bad...outer square is chromed plastic, underside is chromed metal. From looks it would seem to be one unit. here is best picture i could find for now. casey

Attachments

• c1f2_1_sbl.jpg
    c1f2_1_sbl.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
Doug

Doug

my bad...outer square is chromed plastic, underside is chromed metal. From looks it would seem to be one unit. here is best picture i could find for now. casey

Mine are also like Caseys - I might just call snake oly and see if they can redo them.

Doug

PFSlim

Doug

In getting our interior together, we really needed seat belts. We had zero. I ordered some from an afermarket catalog. They came in and they were no where close to what we wanted. Thankfully, Brian Beatty came to our rescue (as he has done so many times in the past) and brought a set of pretty good blue seat belts that needed cleaned. I stuck each strap in a bucket of soap and water and cleaned them and then laid out to dry. BB also had some seat belt cases and other parts. We pieced things together and I believe I bought some aftermarket cases from one of the catalogs that fit and worked great.

I hope this helps.

Paul