• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Engine Bay Dress-up

jrys

Installed a hood lift kit and eliminated the prop rod.
Installed a “Powered By Ford” Plenum Cover.
From Midwest Auto Gear:
Redfire GT Shock Tower Covers
Redfire Radiator Cover (no prop rod clips)
Redfire Radiator Cover Extensions (with prop rod filler plug)
Redfire Mirror Covers (not installed yet, to cold out still for mother in-law tape)
I painted the Air Filter Cover and Fuse Box Cover Redfire. I may paint the coolant tank top.
The only thing I not sure of is if I want to do the fuel rail covers that match the plenum cover.

I went the painted route because I'm not a big fan of the "who puked chrome all over my engine thing", each to their own.

Attachments

• ENGINE BAY 1.jpg
    ENGINE BAY 1.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 61
  • ENGINE BAY 2.jpg
    ENGINE BAY 2.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 70

ahainline

Suprised you didnt paint the plenum cover too. Have seen a few like that and they dont look too bad. Good lookin car though!

aemoo28

Okay, jrys, I just have to tell you...

All day today the quote has been "Who puked chrome all over my engine!?"

It started when we opened up our hoods and compared our GTs. I'm looking to/was looking to install the covers that you have and copy your idea (great idea!). His engine bay was all chrome, and I said... "Who puked chrome all over your engine?" Which prompted a bout of hysterical laughter.

We then went to the dealer to inquire about these covers, and to get some black paint. We walked along the lot and looked inside some open GT hoods... and said...

"Who puked chrome all over these engines?"

THANK YOU FOR BRINGING LAUGHTER INTO MY DAY!

BTW I cannot install these covers if I plan on adding the Roush superchgr- covers won't fit. I guess it's a massively huge supercharger...

You ought to add that quote to your quote section. IMO.

OP
OP
jrys

jrys

I added the Midwest Auto Gear fuel rail covers. Engine Bay Done.

Attachments

• ENGINE BAY 3.JPG
    ENGINE BAY 3.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 24
  • ENGINE BAY 4.JPG
    ENGINE BAY 4.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 27
  • ENGINE BAY 5.JPG
    ENGINE BAY 5.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 24
  • ENGINE BAY 6.JPG
    ENGINE BAY 6.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 28

QuarterHorse

Looks great. I have done several of the same modifications as you under the hood. I have toyed around with the idea of painting my fuse box cover and air box Vista Blue, but haven't gotten around to it yet. What I like about those mods is that they can easily be removed to bring the GT/CS back to stock form. I ordered the GT appearance package with my car, so I have the original Ford plenum cover. I had another Ford plenum cover airbrushed and put the original in storage. It came out great....here is a photo:

DSC00967.jpg

GTCS07

Who puked redfire all over your engine?:icon_lol: Sorry, had to, seriously though, it looks great. I like that blue one too. Here's what I did.

Attachments

• MVC-010F.JPG
    MVC-010F.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 27

GTCS07

Thanks, it's chromed plastic OEM type, adhesive backed. I bought it on-line. Had to make the slash though.

hotrodgrany

Who puked redfire all over your engine?:icon_lol: Sorry, had to, seriously though, it looks great. I like that blue one too. Here's what I did.
I have this on my engine, but I like the GT/CS on your, is there some where you can get this to add on. I, myself love the chrome look. I plan on putting more on mine like jrys's. I like what QuarterHorse did, makes it look like belongs there.

QuarterHorse

I like what QuarterHorse did, makes it look like belongs there.

Thanks, that was the intent. The only thing I would have done differently is the slash between the "GT" and "CS". Its not quite like the real GT/CS logo. Call me anal, but I have an eye for detail. Overall I am very happy with it. It adds just the bit of flash and uniqueness I was looking for.

hotrodgrany

Thanks, that was the intent. The only thing I would have done differently is the slash between the "GT" and "CS". Its not quite like the real GT/CS logo. Call me anal, but I have an eye for detail. Overall I am very happy with it. It adds just the bit of flash and uniqueness I was looking for.
Maybe you need to sell these, as you had to add the dash, I know I would buy this for mine. Where did you find these I mean, online. We need a place here where we can post information on things such as this. That is why I have repeatedly add Bobwhitedecals.com here. He does great work and is so easy to work with.