• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Had Enough

Maine gt/cs

We have had 102 inches of snowfall here in Bangor, Me. and calling for 8 to 12 more inches this Sunday. Then it is supposed to warm up enough to have some sleet and freezing rain on top of that. Yesterday it was a humid 30 degrees, so I backed the GT/CS half way out the garage door and let her run for a good 30 minutes.Felt good to sit in the car and feel all the shaking and vibrating again. Getting very very shack wacky. What is the weather like in your neighborhood . Cant wait for spring.

Tim

stangfan

As soon as I saw the title of your thread and that you were from Maine, I knew exactly what your post was about. I can't imagine what it must be like to have that much snow. I'm in Victoria BC and we are having one of the mildest winters I can remember. I've been able to enjoy driving my Mustangs almost every week.

I hope you get some relief from all that white stuff soon.

robert campbell

I saw the title and knew what was "had enough"!!! Hope it ends soon for you and like stangfan said "what a great winter for us". More 60 degree days than I can remember! It was almost motorcycle weather the last few days!!!

Rob

teamlo

I'm in the same boat here in NH. Pretty much snows an inch or two every night, just because. Calling for a little bit on Sun/Mon and then maybe another 4-8" on Tue/Wed next.

I was at Sugarloaf (Carrabassett) Maine last weekend and it was brutally cold and windy. The skiing was not enjoyable. An unfortunate hiker sadly perished of exposure in the White Mountains of NH. I read online that Mt. Washington, NH was the second coldest place on earth that day (-35 F) with sustained winds exceeding hurricane force, topping out at 141 mph. The only place colder was a town near the South Pole at -51 F.

Watching the Twin 150s last night at Daytona, it was in the 30s. If I'd been there, I probably would have been in shorts and a t-shirt!!

Terry

sam

Tim, I'm another New England Neighbor in Nashua, NH. I agree this weather is a real drag. Funny tho..........I fired up my Cal Spec last evening and let her run for 30 minutes in my driveway. Yes, the sound of the 289 CI and exhaust coming from the dual exhaust makes me that more hungry for Spring. I was on business driving through Goffstown, Weare, Francestown and over to Hillsboro just loving those windy back country roads. Looks like I found a new cruising trail for the warm weather. !
Can't wait !! Enjoy the day. BTW, remember Nashua got the jackpot of 33" of snow during that 1st storm in February...............
Sam

mbsf1970

I feel your pain! I grew up in quebec and suffered through some VERY long and cold winters with all that heavy wet snow. Trouble was where to put the snow that you shovelled?!!!!!!

Now when it snows out west (Calgary) it typically is dry fluffy snow that shovels much easier.
So far, we have had a very mild snow free winter -- I know we'll pay for it eventually--usually March. I've fired up and even driven Doug a few times this year--most recently last Sunday. It puts a smile on your face to be sure.

Hang in there.
Stephen

RU_SPCL2

Sunny and 60s in NorCal today. Will take mine out for some exercise later.

Sorry for your pain. I used to live in Mass. Headed west after 133" of snow one winter. You know it's time to get out when the Weather Channel shows up in your neighborhood to broadcast their worst weather in America segment.

Ruppstang

The winter here in the Midwest has not been too bad. I feel for you guys in the northeast with the record snow fall.
I have heard that the record cold has even reached south Florida. From what I understand there have been sightings on the beach of girls wearing flannel thongs. :)
Stay warm guys.
Marty

green56

I know how bad the weather is up in Maine I was stationed their in the late 50"s at Bath Maine very cold a lot of snow Now I live in Wisconsin This year we have been very lucky 96inchs of snow so for and very cold -10 with wind blowing brings it to -25 This past week 4 days below O now this week coming up the weather is going to be 3 days below 0 Tom Wisconsin