CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 05/12/2017, 02:24 PM   #1
Mosesatm

Renee's Blue GT/CS

Price: $37,500

Renee's Acapulco Blue car is for sale.
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6111457227.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00h0h_aNYCfW1lqna_1200x900.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	21361  
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2017, 06:51 PM   #2
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
P.O. perkchiro ? If so, his restoration photos were awesome.

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2017, 07:36 PM   #3
Mosesatm

Perkchiro has a beautiful red GT/CS.
Renee's car was restored by Paul Stevenson. I don't remember his handle.
[edit]
PFSlim?
Old 05/18/2017, 11:33 AM   #4
BroadwayBlue
My Car Details

Send a message via AIM to BroadwayBlue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosesatm View Post
Perkchiro has a beautiful red GT/CS.
Renee's car was restored by Paul Stevenson. I don't remember his handle.
[edit]
PFSlim?
Yep, PFSlim was Paul's handle.

Rich

1968 Acapulco Blue GT/CS 289 * 1996 Red GT Convertible *
BroadwayBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2017, 12:29 PM   #5
Powell

My Garage
I'm almost afraid to ask if anyone knows why Renee's car is for sale?
Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2017, 05:42 PM   #6
Sarge

My Garage
I sent Renee a PM about a week ago, no response. This car is immaculate, many of us saw it at O'Briens barbecue. It's also in Steve's (rivertrash) book. Sorry to see it up for sale.
Robert
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2017, 08:17 PM   #7
Mosesatm

Hook's book?
Old 05/19/2017, 12:32 AM   #8
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
I sent Renee a PM about a week ago, no response. This car is immaculate, many of us saw it at O'Briens barbecue. It's also in Steve's (rivertrash) book. Sorry to see it up for sale.
Robert
...Indeed Robert, and all is well, but Renee's mom passed recently after lengthy home care and all the arrangements that go with it. You probably tried her when she was out of town. You can PM me for her phone or email if you like.

My son, TJ is doing the advertising to qualify serious buyers and eliminate the usual web addicts and lowballers...

The car is unspeakably gorgeous, goes like a bat out'a hell and is garage kept & maintained. All anyone needs to do is see & drive it in person (which we encourage) to fall in love & with hope it finds as cherished a home. Her price is pretty firm as she really doesn't need to sell...

She plans to keep her other 68, "Goldie" as a more practical driver.

Feel free to contact TJ or myself for more info and photos as well, plus Renee has the complete restoration file as performed by Paul Stevenson.

Thank you :-)

P.S. Yes Arlie, "Hook's Book" ;-)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	_DSC0850.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	21375   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0845.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	239.2 KB
ID:	21376   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0841.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	21377  

Name:	_DSC0840.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	21378   Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC0430.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	21379  

Last edited by Midnight Special; 05/19/2017 at 08:12 AM..

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/19/2017, 07:06 PM   #9
PonyGal
My Car Details

Life is Simple...eat, sleep, drive a Mustang!

Sad but true...

First off I want to say that selling my GTCS is one of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make! I absolutely love this car, andthat is why I am looking for someone that will love it as much as I do and appreciate it for the beautiful piece of history that it is. It is still in extremely excellent shape and drives like a dream! The main reason that I am selling is because it mostly just sits in the garage. I have not done any shows for over ayear, and I never go out on drives with Tim anymore. I am not one to just go for a drive all by myself. It is more fun with more than one person. Besides, I have been so busy with my mom and her failing health for the past year and sadly she passed away a few months ago My sister and I have since been dealing with all of her belongings and everything else that needed to be done. I just hate seeing it sit in the garage all the time! I want it to be shown, driven and displayed so that other car lovers can appreciate the amazing beauty of these cars. Also, I have two mustangs and I can only drive one at a time. I figured that the best one to sell would be the Special. Besides, the manual, strong arm, steering is getting to be a bit too much for me. I am in no hurry to sell it, so I will just wait until the right buyer comes along. Then I will miss it so very much, but I pray that whoever ends up with it treats it with the respect it so deserves.

Renee' - Eat, sleep, drive a Mustang!!!
I am the proud new owner of the 'Stevenson GT/CS'
PonyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/21/2017, 03:15 PM   #10
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
René,
sorry to hear about all your difficulties of late. I went through similar circumstances with first my Mom and then my Dad 7 years later. It is awful and draining.

If know you thought hard and long about this decision. And it was not easy. At the same time you have close friends that can exercise your pony for a year or two until you get back on solid ground again. And you will.

the power steering option would not hurt the value of your car and is a very straight forward and easy installation. Then it will steer like a dream for you. I can't speak for Tim or TJ nor commit them, but I would be happy to install this option on your car. Concurs correct and nice a tight.

I think in the next few years a huge burden will fall off your shoulders and you will feel free again.

Hope you can find people to go for drives with you. I felt the same way you did in letting go f my GNS. It is hard to have two of them and keep them nice for sure. I like to exercise mine and now with just one it is alot easier.

Goldie is a sweety and you feel a lot less stress in driving her. That may be the deciding factor in all of this.

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/22/2017, 07:31 AM   #11
rvrtrash

So many cars, so little time!

My Garage
Rene', my thoughts are with you as well. I agree with Rob on the power steering conversion, and don't think it would hurt value a bit. My thought is that if Tim were to host another get together this fall, and you had the parts ready to go, you'd probably have a full compliment of amateur mechanics willing to install it for you. I know you've thought hard on selling the CS. I sold mine for much the same reason, and still think it was the right thing to do, but look constantly at ads thinking of buying another. I really miss mine.

Steve

The wannabe formerly known as an owner.
rvrtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/22/2017, 08:14 PM   #12
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrtrash View Post
Rene', my thoughts are with you as well. I agree with Rob on the power steering conversion, and don't think it would hurt value a bit. My thought is that if Tim were to host another get together this fall, and you had the parts ready to go, you'd probably have a full compliment of amateur mechanics willing to install it for you. I know you've thought hard on selling the CS. I sold mine for much the same reason, and still think it was the right thing to do, but look constantly at ads thinking of buying another. I really miss mine.

Steve
I be the head amateur in the stable!!

Rob
Old 05/22/2017, 08:47 PM   #13
Ruppstang

My Garage
I most likely would not be able to attend that gathering as much as I would love to turn wrenches with Rob and the guys but I bet I can find most of the parts needed on my shelves if needed.

Renee' I wish you the best what ever you decide. Either way you can not loose you will still be driving a Mustang!!

Follow HCS restoration at http://68hcs.weebly.com
Ruppstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/23/2017, 08:44 AM   #14
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage
I have a fresh rebuilt 3 turn lock to lock 1 and 1/8 sector shaft power steering box ready to go. It came out of Val's Fastback and I rebuilt it for her conversion to PS, but went with the Borgeson conversion. I may have access to the old PS pump and bracket that came off my GNS which was a factory PS car. Identification tag will be wrong on the box, but for a nice conversion it will work just great.

Rob
Old 05/23/2017, 01:06 PM   #15
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppstang View Post
I most likely would not be able to attend that gathering as much as I would love to turn wrenches with Rob and the guys but I bet I can find most of the parts needed on my shelves if needed.
...I'm chuckling somewhat regretfully here, because I bought the entire power steering set-up from Paul Stevenson (mint condition) that was originally on Renee's car before she bought it from him. I later used it to outfit one of TJ's Mustangs.... Darn.... ;-)

As far as another get together, my sibs & I sold the home where we gathered last time and my cars are in storage for the time being, hence no car activity with Renee of late :-(

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > Classified Ads