• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Gulfstream Aqua GT/CS

mbsf1970

Doug will be needing a new caretaker. After much back and forth with myself, I am happy with having realized my dream of owning a 68 Mustang and so now it is time to seek a new owner.

Doug was in good condition when I bought him in 2013 and since then I have had much work done to bring him up to a very satisfying level. I have put on about 20 000 miles on car during my ownership including trips to both the east and west coasts of the U.S.A. He never broke down and always ran like a champ.

I am sure that Neil (Franklinair) won't mind me sharing his name with you since a great deal of the upgrading and reconditioning was done at his hands in 2017/18. I upheld my promise that I wouldn't sell Doug until my son got his license and had a chance to drive it. He did. The main reason I am selling is that I do not own a garage and so am constantly paying for a roof over his head.

The VIN is 8R01C142562 and although I have a Marti somewhere, it is misplaced at the moment. I also have a Florida Title for it for my American cousins. It's got its original engine (matching vin) and is a 289 3 spd auto but with a 4 bbl now instead of its original 2. Pdb, ps and a/c all came on this car originally. Entire a/c system is new.

Here are a couple pics. My email is spoupart@shaw.ca if you have any additional questions.

Stephen

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0008.jpg
    IMG_0008.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:

franklinair

Doug

Whoever buys Stephen's GT/CS will be getting a 1st class CS. Its an honest, pristine car. I went over this car last year, and it is a rust free beauty.
We overhauled the numbers matching 289, and must have done something right- Stephen drove it home from North Carolina to Canada with no glitches.:smile:

Neil

Attachments

• Doug8.jpg
    Doug8.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Doug6.JPG
    Doug6.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Doug engine.jpg
    Doug engine.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 101
  • DOUGDONE5.jpg
    DOUGDONE5.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 77

wallace

Marti Report

Stephen,

Did you find the Marti Report? Thanks, Wallace

wallace

Very nice GT/CS in excellent shape. Would love to own it.

Wondering if anybody has had experience getting a car from Canada to US. Title is present but signed by previous owner and current owner. Canada does not use titles just registration.

Will a bill of sale allow transfer of title once it hits the states?

I know there are duties somewhere around $900 +. I have a good explanation of what to expect but would love to hear somebody's experience if possible.

Thanks, Wallace.

wallace

Any value to old a/c compressor, intake and carb?

Wondering if there is any value to the old a/c compressor, intake and Autolite 2V carb these days? Would one want these with the sale or try to find the originals for completeness sake.

I am somewhat of a purist and like to have these items. Am I insane?

Wallace

franklinair

IIRC, it has a Ford 302 intake manifold (not aftermarket) with an Edelbrock 4BBL carburetor. Performancewise its a MUCH better configuration. With the air cleaner in place you can't see the carb.
New suspension, Export Brace, Monte Carlo Bar
I upgraded the A/C to a rotary compressor, larger condensor, all new hoses, new Heater core and Evaporator & Plenum box, and converted to R-134 freon.
These upgrades greatly improve handling & performance. And it would take an experienced MCA judge to detect the upgrades.
Not to worry.

Neil

Attachments

• DOUGDONE4.jpg
    DOUGDONE4.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 51
  • DOUGDONE6.jpg
    DOUGDONE6.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 55
  • AC Plenum.jpg
    AC Plenum.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
M

mbsf1970

Very nice GT/CS in excellent shape. Would love to own it.

Wondering if anybody has had experience getting a car from Canada to US. Title is present but signed by previous owner and current owner. Canada does not use titles just registration.

Will a bill of sale allow transfer of title once it hits the states?

I know there are duties somewhere around $900 +. I have a good explanation of what to expect but would love to hear somebody's experience if possible.

Thanks, Wallace.

Wallace,
Not sure if it has duties on it since it was a North American made car. If I import a car into Canada and VIN # begins with a 1,2,3 or 4 then I only pay Federal tax on car. If car made made in Japan or Germany for instance I pay the tax PLUS an additional 6.4% duty. I assume its the same going the other way since there is Free Trade agreement in place.
Stephen
P.s. Neil, as usual, thanks for the added photos and explanations