• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Marchal or Lucas?

shane18fly

I am relatively new to the forum and this is my first "real" post and question so go easy on me guys(and gals!). I have 2 GT/CS's. The first one I acquired still has the dealer installed pedestal Lucas lights when the Marchals were discontinued. My second has the Marchals which I prefer the most due to the retro look aesthetics. The date my first vehicle was built indicates, to me , that Marchals were the original lights on the vehicle. I am in the process of deciding which way to go with this. I know this is personal preference but need to know if anyone has had any experience with the Marchal repros through NPD-they run about $400-500 by my recollection. Recently I saw an ad in Mustang Monthly with similar lights but a little less pricey. I could not see great detail from the pic's but the MM Marchals looked like they did not have the true "eyebrow" housing that the NPD lights had( which looked more correct). Any thoughts,advice or any experience with either product? Would you leave the Lucas fogs but place the true pedestal or switch to Marchals? Also, Arlie and I talked about the dealer retrofits(Shelby style square pedestal) vs. the true pedestal on the Lucas-is either acceptable? Thanks, shane

robert campbell

Just me, but I would go to Marshals in a second. I have not experience in the repops of them though.

Rob

OP
OP
S

shane18fly

Thanks, That's the way I am leaning. Like the look. I figure I'll call and see if they can give me a better description than what I could make out on the pics but would favor the NPD repops myself.shane

Mosesatm

Here are some 658s, which seem to be the same as the 653s but with driving lenses instead of fog lenses.

Anyone know for sure?

hookedtrout

Don't know much about the repops but I do know I love the looks of my Marchals. Very unique lights with a very neat design.

OP
OP
S

shane18fly

I think I'll go with the NPD offered Marchals and let you know how they look-I have the originals on my Wimbledon White/Blue GT/CS. The others offered at Mustangs Unlimted(if I recall correctly) did not appear to have the correct eyebrow housing-looked like the Lucas housing with the Marchal lenses by the pics I saw(might explain why they were $200.00 cheaper)...shane