CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 07/03/2018, 11:53 AM   #1
Mosesatm

Mint Condition?

I think we have a different definition of "Mint".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist
1968 Ford Mustang, in mint condition , no rust , brand new interior , new battery , new alternator , new brakes, have all registration and service records on car , asking 7,000 or better offer.
https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/c...633188263.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mint.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	22497  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mint Coupe.pdf (204.2 KB, 9 views)

This getting older ain't for cowards. - John Mellencamp
Mosesatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/03/2018, 01:13 PM   #2
CougarCJ
My Car Details

Spaceman Spiff

My Garage
Survivor with patina or restoration candidate, would be bettor descriptors.
Mint, the plant comes to mind. Kind of fuzzy, with an odor.
Might be a decent starting point for someone looking to do a coupe restoration or for a driver.

Scott Behncke
1968 GT/CS 302-4V Honors flysis income beezis onches nobis inob keesis
West Coast Classic Cougar A good source for Mustang mechanical parts too.
CougarCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/25/2018, 12:14 PM   #3
Diesel Donna
My Car Details

Take that pony for a ride!

I once went to look at a 1970 Toyota Land Cruiser in North Lake Tahoe that was described as "Cherry". Was a long trip there and this was back before cell phones so all I had was my regular old camera and pay phone booths. One hour photo was a big deal then too! So my late husband got this tip from a friend and off I go. I happened to hitch a ride with friends in a terrible little Ford motor home that was outfitted for dog crates and they were headed to Reno for a dog show. My friend's husband was a Ford guy and worked at the Ford Proving Grounds in AZ.
This TLC was the biggest piece of rust I had ever seen. I can't even describe it to you. Couldn't even get it out of 4WD low. My husband had already paid the full $3k that the guys kid was asking. I spent forever trying to get him on the pay phone to tell him to GET HIS MONEY BACK. As soon as I got back I went to the one hour photo and we took the pictures to the guy who was absolutely mortified that his son called this TLC cherry.He demanded that his son get the money to us NOW. Kid says he already spent it. OMG. Dad took care of it and I bet his son never pulls that again.
I don't know how people come up with the idea of cherry or mint. Their taste buds must be off.

My GT/CS was my first car, still have it 44 years later. Paid $800. Featured in the May 1998 issue of Mustang Illustrated.
70 Cadillac S&S Ambulance, 70 Toyota Land Cruiser
Diesel Donna is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > Misc Forums > Off Topic Lounge