• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS and HCS reunion...?

68MustangHCS

Hey I woke up with an idea...

Wouldn't it be really nice for us all to get together annually? Maybe an annual west coast, east coast, midwest California Special and High Country Special reunion?

Who wouldn't be up for a drive, swap meet, car show, car corral, or road rally? It would be rolling thunder......just an idea...

I have got to get to get up and get to work...later

;D

twoclassics

Yes that would be a riot, Isn't that what we are all in this hobby for and why we all interact thru this site. Maybe something in the midwest organized around another big show. I think this has been talked about before, Hopefully someone else will chime in here and get the interest going again Chuck

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

I think for the East Coast, somewhere like Richmond or Manassas, Virginia, or even Wash DC, and maybe KC or Omaha for the Midwest, and Las Vegas or LA for the West Coast?

twoclassics

I would go for Denver, It is kind of central for alot of us, face it, no where is going to be absolutely centrally located, except from where I am from which is Omaha, but not alot going on here, Denver would be great. Can someone check to see maybe if there is a large ford show we can rally around, that way if not alot show it would still be a large success. I think Denver is perfect, how about it people

Mustanglvr

Pick a small city please. I`m from the prairies of southwestern Minnesota and would`nt want to go to a huge city like Denver. How about a smaller town like Boulder or Littleton?

hicountrybob

How about Steamboat Springs, Co. We have a show there every FATHER'S DAY weekend (3 hours west of Denver). This show is put together by about 5 different Colorado Mustang clubs and our Shelby club. Check out the late Mustang Monthly (NOV) for the lowdown on the 2005 show. Every year, recently, the MM and Mustang and Fords mags have shown up here for this show. 3 to 400 Mustangs, Shelbys, plus non Mustang classes ( I entered my 1947 Ford Club Coupe this past summer along with 2 HCS), and to boot, HCS and Cal Specials have their own class, and usually have 5-8 entries. What fun to BS with fellow owners!!!!!! Much going on for the 4 days ie. auto cross, pony trail, bar-b-que(GREAT), awards breakfast, golf tournament, biking. fishing, horses, tennis, cruising!!!! PRE-REGISTRATION ONLY. WHAT'CHA THINK ABOUT THIS AREA, people. hicountry bob here

clubpro

Has anyone ever thought about meeting at the old Ford plant in Milpitas where it all started? Just a thought I have had for several years.

Ron

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

My folks live in Omaha. I'd be able to bring one of my HCS mustangs out. I've been to Steamboat Springs... Fathers day is good for me. I'm off work every summer so I'm free to travel.

I gotta get to bed...work tomorrow...or ummm this morning...

hicountrybob

Paul N. or someone else on this site, I believe, has informed us that this Ford plant is history and that there is a shopping center on these grounds now. Anyone else know or hear anything about this????????? hicountry bob

hookedtrout

[quote author=Mustanglvr link=board=1;threadid=2213;start=0#msg15237 date=1128918121]
Pick a small city please. I`m from the prairies of southwestern Minnesota and would`nt want to go to a huge city like Denver. How about a smaller town like Boulder or Littleton?
[/quote]

Glad I'm not the only one! ;D Big cities don't scare me but they don't interest me in the least for a get together. Busy chaotic mess with traffic and getting around typically a nightmare, find small town USA mainstreet VS huge city mainstream ave. Usually doesn't take much thought to find smalltown just roll into town and have a nice day. Small country atmosphere with time to get to know each other.

I started this same idea a year or so ago but it seems to alway migrate back to big city California so I just started staying out of the conversation as that doesn't interest me. I understand why so I just stay out of it.

Cory

Sarge

Yes, the Milpitas Ford plant is history, and there is a big "outlet shopping mall" there now. It is called "the Great Mall of the Bay Area", but there are still some artifacts of the old Ford plant on display inside the mall.

Robert

68Fan

You know historic Old Folsom is a nice place. What do you say Robert? Its about 1/2 way between San Diego and Washingon, near Sacramento.

twoclassics

I think Steamboat Springs would be great, Small enough to find your way, Miiddle of the country for most, some will be real close others far, but hey its pretty much central, and it sounds like alot going on, thats the key, you can only sit around looking at each other for so long, you have to break up the idleness with time consuming events and it looks like this has it. I am for it, Bob you have my vote, anyone else like this idea Chuck

coloradoHCS

I really like the Steamboat Springs location. Of course it is close to my home, but as you say Chuck, it is in a central location. It is also a beautiful area with plenty of cool things to see and do.
Mark

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

I'm interested in a reunion ...Y I think a HCS - GT/CS meet next summer in Colorado sounds outstanding. I could make that meet with no problem...just hope gas is afforadable then...lol 8)