• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Red GT/CS

franklinair

Starting to do some repairs and detailing & paint work (nothing major) on this CS. This non original color is knockout gorgeous.
I have a set of the SS Argent wheels for it.
When I get it done, it will be a NICE driver for someone.

Neil

Attachments

• RED CS (2).jpg
    RED CS (2).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 58
  • RED CS!.jpg
    RED CS!.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 59

robert campbell

Pictures do not do the color justice. It is knock out beautiful in my opinion!! Car is very solid and ran very nice. Dad, you will make it even nicer!!!

Rob

Mosesatm

Starting to do some repairs and detailing & paint work (nothing major) on this CS. This non original color is knockout gorgeous.
I have a set of the SS Argent wheels for it.
When I get it done, it will be a NICE driver for someone.

Neil

Nooooooo!!
Those wheels look great with that color.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Arlie, Son;
The rims are rusty.:sad: And the Argent wheels add originality.

Neil (aka Dad)

Ruppstang

Neil it is good to see you back working on the cars. I am sure it means you are feeling better.
Merry Christmas
Marty

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Thanks Marty. My followup Dr. visit last week was 100% A-OK. Feeling pretty good for a 79 year old geezer!
Peggy caught me in the act yesterday working on my '68 convertible project. I bounce between my 3 projects doing a little bit each day on each one.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 37

robert campbell

Dad,
Looks like you are looking for that darn spacer for the power steering pump mounting bolt!! I normally drop it 3 times in the process...

Rob

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I'll check engine compression to see if its OK. If not I'll (actually my son-in-law) O'haul it.
There are no rust issues, only paint touch up. There's some tree sap in a few spots that are not cleaning up nicely, but we're working on that. I had some touch up paint computer matched to touch up a few nicks. The interior (Black Standard) is in good shape- just needs freshening up.
I'll go over the car stem to stern and fix anything I find.
The car was used as a daily driver without much TLC and I thought it needed me to adopt it and bring to the condition as when I first saw it at Tim's, many years ago.
(Peggy has accused me of being like an animal shelter for down & out Mustangs.) Balderdash.
I just enjoy doing what I do. I AM retired you know. I play (not work) in my new shop about 5-6 hours a day.
Arlie- in answer to your question, I'll sell it when its done- hopefully to a good home, and someone will have a really nice GT/CS to enjoy.
I don't want to be considered a "flipper", but it does seem that way. Every one I have restored has been sold- by requests of interested buyers. I've already had a few inquiries for the '68 convertible.
Sorry for the long winded reply.

Neil

stangfan

Neil, I don't know how bad the tree sap is, but I have had some really good luck with Goo Gone for that. You can put some on a cloth and just let it sit on the sap if it is really hard. It will soften it up and you should be able to buff it off, possibly with more product. It is a citrus based cleaner and VERY safe.

mbsf1970

tree sap= Methyl hydrate. I park under evergreens and after a wind storm I get sap on my cars. I soak a corner of a rag (wear gloves) with methyl hydrate which evaporates in the air quickly and place over sap. DO NOT RUB. Just let it sit there and sap with soften after which you can wipe it off. Then I rinse spot with water and presto...all done. Been doing it for yrs with no ill effects.

Stephen

clubpro

When I purchased my HCS it had a ton of sap on it and I spent two full days with olive oil and the cap to a water bottle or my thumb nail. As mentioned on the tougher spots I just let the olive oil sit on the sap and within a couple of hours it had softened enough to remove.

Cheers,

Ron