• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS on CLHartford CT

mbsf1970

Screaming deal at $14000 if its in as good a condition as seller states. why oh why are these deals not around when a buyer is looking???

Stephen

nineofive

Well one just down the road from me!
Spoke with the current owner today.
Battery pan rust, Front fender damage repaired with bondo many years ago, does not have the original carb, repainted "many years ago" some work front end work needed including springs, new tires all around.
Not much rust anywhere else.

franklinair

"Not much rust anywhere else."? Can you be more specific? I could handle fender replacement, front end suspension re-do. What about paint condition? ($6K) Seat upholstery looks discolored from age. Frame, torque boxes, doors, quarters rust?

Neil

franklinair

I spoke with the owner this morning. Nice guy. The VIN: 8R01C150486 is not listed in our registry, but IS in Paul's old book, page 40.
Owner says there's 2 areas needing body repair (Bondo), front fender & rear quarter. Repair + paint, estimated @ $6K. Says no rust issues. Interior upholstery discolored, original 289 with 125K miles.
He sent me photo of Marti Report. Worth a look at $14K if anyone is interested.

Neil