• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Original GT/CS Grill

Cool Manchu

Hello everyone,

I am trying to do the impossible. I am trying to find a correct grill for my GT/CS. Anyone able to help?

gscott

You can make one out of a 67 grill. It's rare when one shows up for sale and usually brings the big bucks. I looked for an original also then finally gave up and made one as others have done. There's info on this site how to make one just do the search I'm clueless at making links. gary

AADaddy

I was fortunate to find one myself and only paid $200! Sorry, wanted to brag. That said, there is a company called Delta Bay Mustang that was making the fog light brackets but had stopped. The last I talked to them they were trying to make the brackets again. Whomever had made the brackets for them passed away and the molds for the brackets were tied up in that individuals estate. That was about a year ago. Give them a call to see if they are making them again. If you can get the brackets you can use a 67 grille to mount the brackets to. It's the same grill. Otherwise, try what I did and make a hobby out of calling junk yards in California until you get lucky! Also, there are a few hucksters on EBay selling what they are claiming are GT/CS grilles. Watch out, they are just 67 grills with standard fog light brackets. Good luck!

CaliStang68

If you find one, let me know. If you find two REALLY let me know! :)

Best of Luck!
Rick

OP
OP
Cool Manchu

Cool Manchu

LOL! I will. Maybe we should all get together and find someone that could produce them. I am sure that many of us would want one (or two) or just an extra one around. That way it would be worth their while...I am sure this subject must have been broached on here before though...

Tequila

Count me in too...

Mine is somewhat bent and I cant seem to find anyone that restores them. Plus i dont even know if they are real or just a 67.

CaliStang68

Yeah that would be great if there was a source homemade or otherwise for these grills! After 46 plus years you would think by now there wold be some by somebody.

CaliStang68

I wouldnt even know how to begin. I have paged through lots of mags and sites hoping to find one. I have even spoken to some Mustang business's and they dont ever see it happening anytime soon. I'm going to the Pate swapmeet at the Texas Motor Speedway ina couple of weeks. I'm gonna look and ask around. Anybody else going to Pate?

Mosesatm

I have a pair that I'm going to use as a template to see if someone in Houston can make them. If I can get them made I'll sell them at cost.

Mosesatm

No, I'll just find a local metal shop near my house or office.

Mosesatm

I've passed the torch to another, and will let him update everyone.

somethingspecial

Fog Light Brackets

I have talked to Arlie about these brackets. I set out some time back to make these brackets and due to several set backs, it was shelved. I recently made a set for a friend, and as I am not a welder, I cut and formed the brackets and he welded them. Below are photos of the finished product. He agreed to weld the brackets for me when I get them made. I will form several brackets soon and have them welded up. My intent is to have them made for use in complete grilles I will make, but may be persuaded to sell just the brackets. Price is still unknown. I will keep you posted. Please give me your feed back on the brackets, good or bad. I will not be offended. The dark colored bracket is an original GT/CS Bracket. These won't be done tomorrow, but soon. Also, if you are interested in the brackets or grilles, let me know, even if you told me to put you on a list before, refresh my memory. Thanks, Mike

Attachments

• foglight bracket 1 (750x1000).jpg
    foglight bracket 1 (750x1000).jpg
    167 KB · Views: 55
  • foglight bracket 2 (1000x750).jpg
    foglight bracket 2 (1000x750).jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 46
  • foglight bracket 3 (1000x750).jpg
    foglight bracket 3 (1000x750).jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 51
  • foglight bracket 4 (1000x750).jpg
    foglight bracket 4 (1000x750).jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 44
  • foglight bracket 5 (1000x750).jpg
    foglight bracket 5 (1000x750).jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 45

clubpro

Mike,

The bracket looks spot on which is no surprise to me knowing what a perfectionist you are. Be sure and put Roy Christianson down for a grill with brackets.

Cheers,

Ron

somethingspecial

Will do Ron, I have one more project to clear out of my driveway (about two weeks) and then I will start on the brackets and grilles. I just ask folks be patient with me. Thanks. Mike