• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted Lucas fog lights for 68 GT/CS

Tequila

Hello,
I am looking for a pair of original style Lucas fog lights for my 68. If anyone has them for sale please let me know. I would prefer them to be newer condition or NOS. Also if you have the mounting pedestals and covers please let me know or send a PM.

Thanks

Mosesatm

Do they need to be the black O-ring type or would you be happy with the gray cone type?

This photo shows the difference. The lights are the same except for the grommets, so if you don't care about grommets I'll sell you my brand new pair of the ones with the gray cone grommets for $300 plus postage, but if you're as picky as some of the rest of us you'll want a pair with the O-ring grommets because we think they are the 100% correct type.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tequila

Do they need to be the black O-ring type or would you be happy with the gray cone type?

This photo shows the difference. The lights are the same except for the grommets, so if you don't care about grommets I'll sell you my brand new pair of the ones with the gray cone grommets for $300 plus postage, but if you're as picky as some of the rest of us you'll want a pair with the O-ring grommets because as far as we think they are the 100% correct type.

Thanks for the offer. I was hoping to keep it original but if I cant locate one I will PM you and let you know.

OP
OP
T

Tequila

I have no luck finding the correct pair for a 68 GT/CS. I just thought I would check with the group one last time to see if anyone can help me out by locating one. Regardless you guys are all awesome and very helpful. Thank you.

OP
OP
T

Tequila

I found couple of them on ebay as well. The listing claims to be NOS or correct style for mustang but they either say foreign glass or the base mounting looks way off compared to the originals. I guess I will have to keep an eye out on ebay for the correct ones. thanks.

stangfan

One of the lenses on my GT/CS is correct and the other reads Foreign Glass. I don't worry about it too much as I am not going for concours anyways. :grin: