• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 1968 GT/CS in LA Craigslist

CougarCJ

Leather soft top?? :rolleyes:

MOSTLY ON FRIDAYS WHEN THE FACTORY WORKERS WANTED TO PUT SOME CREATIVITY AND CUSTOM WORK / SWAG on the 289 MUSTANG LINE. Ha Ha.

Just in case the ad gets removed, the posted door tag reads as follows:
8R01C150899
65C F 8A 19C 72 2 W

teamlo

"CA Specials were assembled in the San Jose and LA Ford/Mercury factories".

You learn something new every day I guess. Maybe this is the only one built at the LA factory. :rolleyes:

franklinair

Sounds like he has inherited a car that he is not familiar with. Time will tell.
Based on his photos & description (and limited knowledge) and if it is in fact a CS (not in registry) I would guesstimate it to be about a $10K car, tops. It's apparently been sitting for a looong time, so all the running gear would have to be gone through- not to mention the cosmetic (body, paint, interior) aspects. The bench seat is kinda interesting. Definitely needs a Marti report for verification.
I wish him well, and hope the car finds a good home - BUT:
$2,000 eng O/H
1,200 C-4 O/H
8,000 Paint & body
1,000 Interior
$12,200 + Purchase price + Unknowns (fuel tank, alternator/VR, Carb, Brakes, etc.)
That puts total cost at the high end of the $$ spectrum for a driver.

Neil

p51

In the body of the ad it says...

"If you buy this car you're going to want to have 20 more thousand dollars for her restoration."

I thought he was trying to *sell* this car. Sure seems like an argument a buyer would make in trying to get the price down. :wink:

somethingspecial

Marti Report

This car is in the Registry. This car was posted a few years ago. Same seller.

Attachments

• 8R01C150899_stdrpt.pdf
    120.2 KB · Views: 72

franklinair

Hmm. I had looked at the registry page, and the VIN is not listed.

Neil

NorcalB

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!
I wanted 15.
And I got it.

Posting @ 20 was a tactic you geezers.

Mosesatm

Don't want to speak for anyone else but I enjoy being a geezer!:icon_ecst