• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 390GT S-Code- Automtic with Air

Doug

An opportunity has me considering selling my 390 S-Code Automatic with Air - California Special. This car was born on July 18, 1968, which makes it one of the last ones built. I am not kidding when I say that this car is in outstanding condition and almost everything has been rebuilt; engine, transmission, rear end, brakes and the majority of all the wiring – all done by professionals and all done to make the car correct and this car has no rust.

You won't be disappointed.

References are available. Look at my gallery and if interested please call me at 1-661-803-0336.

Thanks for looking - Doug

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 313
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 333
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Hagerty Consoul top.jpg
    Hagerty Consoul top.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 278
  • Hagerty trunk.jpg
    Hagerty trunk.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 278
  • Galpin 4.jpg
    Galpin 4.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 296
  • Galpin 5.jpg
    Galpin 5.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:

somethingspecial

Award winning restoration

I personally saw this car at the Galpin Event two years ago and it is a top flight restoration. Made me think it was fresh off the assembly line, No, It's better. Doug spared no costs to make this car that good. Pictures do not speak the true quality of this car. I hate to see you sell it after everything you put into it. I agree with Jason. A steal at this price. If someone wants a Turn Key award winner, this is it. IMHO. Mike

GT/CS S Code

Love the Shelby Cobra logo steering wheel!
:grin:
Again, I have to agree that I think that the price is likely well below its true market value, even in the current depressed automotive market!

Attachments

• New horn button with Cobra logo 003 resized.jpg
    New horn button with Cobra logo 003 resized.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 46

GT/CS S Code

By the way ...

By the way Doug, do you have as much trouble getting in behind that steering wheel as I do? We recovered our front seats last summer and installed new cushions and now the front seats sit so high that I have a heck of time squeezing into the driver's seat and my head is touching the headliner. (I'm six foot and 250 pounds)
We took it out for a cruise on Sunday afternoon and Laurie looked over at me and said: "You look like you're wearing a straight jacket ..."
:rolleyes:
Very funny ...
:embarass:

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

I really don't know how to tactfully answer this question; but I am not as large as you so I have had no trouble getting behind the wheel. I have some friends who are 6 feet and they seem to enjoy driving this car. One is a designer for Ford.

Maybe you could "relocate" the seat - move it back a little.

GT/CS S Code

Sadly, I have the driver's seat pushed right back to the limit of its travel, so I guess I'll just have to live with it ... or go to "Weight Watchers"!
:grin:
(... or maybe over the winter I'll have to leave a couple of 50 pound sacks of cement on the front seats to "settle down" the new seat cushions!)
:wink:

GT/CS S Code

... and don't get me wrong! I still do enjoy driving our car too, its just a little bit "cramped" in behind the steering wheel for me, and that is my only complaint.
On Saturday I had to run up island to pick up my 12 year old grandson from his summer camp at Lake Cowichan, which is about a 1 hour drive up the island from Victoria. The trip includes a run of about 20 minutes on a nice, straight, secondary highway to get there. I touched 100 mph on one of the straight-a-ways and I never even noticed that the front seat was a bit snug to the steering wheel for me ...!
:icon_lol:

Ruppstang

You might consider installing a tilt wheel. That would give you a bit more room. The orginals are a bit pricy but they swing out of the way to make entry and exit easier. The after market ones work well too and are easier to install. Marty

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

An opportunity has me considering selling my 390 S-Code Automatic with Air - California Special. This car was born on July 18, 1968, which makes it one of the last ones built. I am not kidding when I say that this car is in outstanding condition and almost everything has been rebuilt; engine, transmission, rear end, brakes and the majority of all the wiring – all done by professionals and all done to make the car correct and this car has no rust.

You won't be disappointed.

References are available. Look at my gallery and if interested please call me at 1-661-803-0336.

Thanks for looking - Doug

Back to selling this great car.

Attachments

• Hagerty 2 Back side.jpg
    Hagerty 2 Back side.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Hagerty Consoul top.jpg
    Hagerty Consoul top.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 64
  • Hagerty engine.jpg
    Hagerty engine.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Hagerty Front side.jpg
    Hagerty Front side.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Hagerty interior1.jpg
    Hagerty interior1.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Hagerty trunk.jpg
    Hagerty trunk.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Hagertysteering wheel 1.jpg
    Hagertysteering wheel 1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
OP
OP
Doug

Doug

UPDATE -

Same person has been looking at it - brought his wife over last Sunday. Offer decent now we wait for the cash to arrive. I really don't like looky loos. What is real difficult is I have another person say he's flying down from N. CA today. I guess who commits 1st gets it.

Midnight Special

UPDATE -

Same person has been looking at it - brought his wife over last Sunday. Offer decent now we wait for the cash to arrive. I really don't like looky loos. What is real difficult is I have another person say he's flying down from N. CA today. I guess who commits 1st gets it.

Yes, right up until you have cash in hand. If it's a cashiers check - wait the 4-5 days (that your bank does) before you give them title.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
If it's a cashiers check - wait the 4-5 days (that your bank does) before you give them title.
Unfortunately it's probably even longer. I've heard horror stories of banks clearing cashiers checks and then realizing weeks later that they're fakes. And guess whose account the money gets pulled back out of?

Direct transfer from the buyer's bank account to yours is probably the best bet.

Good luck on the sale!

franklinair

+1
I sold my '68 convertible on E-Bay to a gentleman in Sweden. The EFT was easy & secure. That's the way to go. Bank charge is minimal.

Neil

obwan93001

Unfortunately it's probably even longer. I've heard horror stories of banks clearing cashiers checks and then realizing weeks later that they're fakes. And guess whose account the money gets pulled back out of?

Direct transfer from the buyer's bank account to yours is probably the best bet.

Good luck on the sale!

I totally concur w/Jon. In my dealings on ebay and research on reading on the web I've seen so many horror stories too involving cashier's checks and the like and the banks taking too long to realize they've been swindled and of course it's your account they bite back on. If it was me NO CASHIER'S CHECK, if they really, really want your car they will comply w/your payment demands and get you cash, that always talks :grin: or go the EFT route if overseas.

I saw your ad on CL last week btw, best of luck Doug, hope you sell her soon so you can finally get to your new Mustang project. What are you planning on working on, if you don't mind sharing w/us.

Oscar