• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 390GT S-Code- Automtic with Air

elsinore401

So it is still for sale then? That's a bummer that someone took up that much time and flaked on the deal.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

So it is still for sale then? That's a bummer that someone took up that much time and flaked on the deal.

Yes it's still for sale.

I really don't mind that people want to buy as cheaply as possible; that's normal in the car business. What I do mind is all the time "sucking" that goes with the lookly loos and people who have no intention of buying.

I appreciate the people who are up front and jus want to look; but to say and make offers that are acceptable and then don't follow through is something that I really don't appreciate.

I know that someone who really wants the car and appreciates what it is and what has been done will pop up someday - until that day I will just enjoy it.

390cs68rcode

Yes it's still for sale.

I really don't mind that people want to buy as cheaply as possible; that's normal in the car business. What I do mind is all the time "sucking" that goes with the lookly loos and people who have no intention of buying.

I appreciate the people who are up front and jus want to look; but to say and make offers that are acceptable and then don't follow through is something that I really don't appreciate.

I know that someone who really wants the car and appreciates what it is and what has been done will pop up someday - until that day I will just enjoy it.

This is the main reason why I sell most of my cars to dealers. I don't mind making back less on the car so I don't have to deal with the BS. Dealers usually won't mess around and it's a pass or play type of thing.

franklinair

Originally asking $40K. The general consensus is this particular C/S is WELL worth the price. I saw this car @ Galpin's a couple years ago: an absolute BEAUTY. Doug has done a fantastic job with this car.

Neil

Midnight Special

...Congratulations Les, and to Doug for finding it a good home! These "electronic media" days make it easy to keep in touch with cars we have long admired on this website no matter where in the world... so Les - it's important that you remain in the family.

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

I want to personally say thanks to the California Special world out there.

Many of you have help me become somewhat more knowledgeable about these cars and where during my “ride” with this great car and helped me stay on tract. Without your guidance the car would not be a nice as it is.

I get the most pleasure of creating or refurbishing things and I am now off looking for another challenge.

Thanks again and I’ll often still be visiting this site and I suggest that Les (he seems like a great guy) the new caretaker continue to use this site as his sounding board and education base.

Cheers - Doug

Bumblebee

There is no doubt that this site is great. Doug is a true gentleman and has been a pleasure to deal with. I have been quietly on this site several times a week and I'm sure that will only increase.

Looking forward to reading and posting for a long time.

Cheers and regards Les

hookedtrout

There is no doubt that this site is great. Doug is a true gentleman and has been a pleasure to deal with. I have been quietly on this site several times a week and I'm sure that will only increase.

Looking forward to reading and posting for a long time.

Cheers and regards Les

No need to be quiet around this bunch!

Mosesatm

Your car has been featured in at least 2 magazine articles, but maybe more.
Do you have those articles?

Bumblebee

Thank you so much!

We've had 3 years of fun, and still going strong. It's a superb car and we've continued to restore each thing that needed it, never ending journey with these cars! It's won some awards and gone for long drives, car shows and even the Mustang Nationals.

Cheers and happy miles, Les

Bumblebee

Thank you for asking! Yes I saw a post a while ago listing all articles and noticed two for this car, so I went on eBay and tracked down the magazines, which arrived last month, very happy!!!!:cool: