• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What's the Correct material for side scoops?

ponyboy

Hello everyone, I had a question about the side scoops. My original scoops had some type of black vinyl tape under the scoop screens but my brother ordered the scoop kit for his car and he received some other type of black material like vinyl cloth. What have you guys used when finishing off your scoops? Thanks Rich

PFSlim

Most all of us bought ours from a member here on the site. It came with the wire mesh and the black vinyl behind. A great product which fits nicely and looks great!!

Paul

P

PNewitt

They originally used a 3M low-gloss vinyl material, simular to hood or stripe material of that time.

You could probably use (low gloss) black Contact paper (from the kitchen shelving dept.), and get away with it.

Be sure to cut it precisely, with no goofs, or you'll see it later (under the scoop grille), and might not be able to trim it with a hobby knife.

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

ponyboy

Thanks guys, i think i will go with the vinyl tape like Paul says since thats what originally came off the scoop. I'll check out one of the local decal stores. Rich