• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Side scoops revisted-Opinions?

rvrtrash

This one is personal opinion. It appears my left side scoop is original (pinkish fiberglass, non-functional, small relief cut in lower edge, two layers of paint like the rest of the car) but the car took a light swipe down the right side. The right scoop is pinkish fiberglass, functional with a metal blockoff plate, only one layer of paint. Could this be a Shelby scoop? The car had been parked since '80-81 so damage was probably done in the '70's or late 60's. Would you order a repop scoop for the right side and save this one, or just put it back on the car?

hookedtrout

If it were me I think I'd start watching for a used one, they do show on ebay on occassion. That or get a repop and sell the Shelby scoop on ebay to cover the cost. I have never personally seen a repop scoop so I would talk to some that have prior to buying as you may not be satisfied with the quality. I would think you should be able to make a few bucks on the original Shelby scoop if that's what it is and it sounds like it is to me.

Hook

darb

Well, I had a repo scoop on my car and it was the worst fitting piece I had ever seen. The scoop had a large gap in the rear, and on the top - and after long hours of sanding, bondo, and more sanding and tweaking, it still didn't fit right.

I left it on, but after a work session of tightening it up a little bit, the bolt ripped out of it and I ended up just getting a genuine GT/CS scoop...which looks MUCH better.

Try looking for something used first - then, if need be get a repo side scoop and take it to a body shop and have them fit it.

Brad