• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

SOLD '67 HCS in Colorado Springs....Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

My wife recently gave me the OK to start looking for a classic mustang (woo-hoo!!!). So, I'm back in the market for an HCS or a '66 GT.

I saw the message regarding the '67 HCS in Colorado Springs and checked out the website. I called the owner and it is still available. He is willing to move on the price.

He's done a lot of work on the original 289....he's rebuilt it with his dad, reboring to 302. He did not know if the engine which they rebuilt was the original or not. He says there is an overheating problem which he believes a bigger radiator will correct. So, as of now, it is not really driveable.

I've asked him to send me the VIN and dataplate information.

I do like the uniqueness of the HCS since I live in Colorado (just north of Denver, in Louisville). Do you think this one is worth pursuing? What would be a more appropriate price? $7000? $6000? What else should I look out for? Shall I call Bob at the HCS registry to see what he might know about the vehicle?

Thanks for your assistance as I begin my search for a classic pony once again!!

Regards,

Bruce

OP
OP
G

[quote author=Bruce link=board=3;threadid=371;start=0#msg1901 date=1053529175]
My wife recently gave me the OK to start looking for a classic mustang (woo-hoo!!!). So, I'm back in the market for an HCS or a '66 GT.

I saw the message regarding the '67 HCS in Colorado Springs and checked out the website. I called the owner and it is still available. He is willing to move on the price.

He's done a lot of work on the original 289....he's rebuilt it with his dad, reboring to 302. He did not know if the engine which they rebuilt was the original or not. He says there is an overheating problem which he believes a bigger radiator will correct. So, as of now, it is not really driveable.

I've asked him to send me the VIN and dataplate information.

I do like the uniqueness of the HCS since I live in Colorado (just north of Denver, in Louisville). Do you think this one is worth pursuing? What would be a more appropriate price? $7000? $6000? What else should I look out for? Shall I call Bob at the HCS registry to see what he might know about the vehicle?

Thanks for your assistance as I begin my search for a classic pony once again!!

Regards,

Bruce
[/quote]

OP
OP
G

i have a 67 hcs if your intrested there are some pics on this site good runner mod 289 .

BobKnaub

I also have a HCS. 67 all original but only has a 6cyl. All of it matches up and is confirmed by Bob Teets.

-=MUSTANG=-

Bruce,

Don't you mean you TOLD your wife you were going to get a classic mustang? for a second there I thought I mis-read your post.

Good luck on your search. My sister lives in Fort Collins, I have lots of fun looking for rust free cars when I visit her.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.