• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted WTB: 302 4v air cleaner lid

gt/csj4

Hey guys, in need of a good, straight, preferably rust free, divot free air cleaner lid for 68' 302 4v (same style as 70's 351) I tracked down a really good base to mate up to my newly restored snorkel, however it was a concern right from the get go about the lid as it was seriously rusty. After sandblasting it yesterday it was completely full of divots from the rust. I attempted to use a filler primer (old trick) but it just wouldn't fill like i want it to. If anyone has one they are looking to sell (unfortunately they don't sell repo ones in several catalogs i have went thru) i have tried ebay, but i am not trying to buy the entire base,snorkel, and lid, i just need to the lid. Any help is very much appreciated.

Note that the 67' 289 ones are different as they have ribs the go outward from the middle ring, whereas the 68 'was just a smooth top with a single ring

green56

air cleaner lid

Found one on Ebay number is 160698242990 if nothing comes of Neil's look at this

franklinair

Excellent air cleaner lid coming at you UPS today. It even has the 302 decal in excellent shape.

Neil

OP
OP
G

gt/csj4

Neil you were right that air cleaner was top notch! Had to tape off the decal and spray it ford dark in order to match the rest of the assembly but nonetheless thank you so much my friend!

franklinair

I'm happy you're pleased, but why did you have to paint it? Its the correct Ford blue for '68's. What color is your engine?

Neil

OP
OP
G

gt/csj4

I'm happy you're pleased, but why did you have to paint it? Its the correct Ford blue for '68's. What color is your engine?

Neil

I have always done my motors in dupli-color 500 degree dark ford blue as i feel this color looks the best. I agree the lid you sent was correct 68 ford blue, but to "me" its too light a ford blue for my taste. Might sound silly but when it comes to aesthetics under the hood I get a little anal retentive. By the way did you receive my check Neil?

franklinair

I know what you mean: I added a polished air cleaner lid, Edelbrock carb, kept the PB booster gold anodized, and the new rotary compressor. Definitely not concourse, but the way I like it to look & function.
(Got your check today.)

Neil

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 21