• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

C Scoop differences 67 to 68?

miller511

Hi all,

I ran across something interesting in the NPD Mustang catalog. The rear quarter replacement panels indicate a difference in the "C" scoop contour from '67 to '68. I thought the only differences were the rear reflector indent in the early '68s. Apparently, the contour of the "C" scoop area differs on the sheet metal.

So, if the NPD catalog is correct, when replacing rear quarter panels, be aware of this, especially with regard to the GT/CS side scoop mounting.

-Jeff

Attachments

• Mustang.pdf
    256.2 KB · Views: 28

rvrtrash

They are different. I had to replace my left wheel opening lip and bought a 1/4 panel from a local source. When I held the new one up to the original, the C scoop area was obviously different. It wasn't a big deal to me because I only needed the wheel lip but if you need the whole 1/4, it wouldn't have worked.

Steve

PS. Tire chains can really destroy sheet metal when they break. :cry: