• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Paul's Book on Ebay

case12

Yep, that was me over the weekend. After reading on the forum that the prices were getting steep, I put in a fairly high bid so I would not have to keep bidding.....hoping it would stay under $100, but it went over. Good news is I got a Shelby book with it too.
Still looking for Paul's later book.

mmarsalone

Hey guys, I just won Paul's first book last night.

Casey, sorry, but I tried for the book you won a couple weeks ago and jacked your price up in the final seconds. Again sorry.

The one last night says it's in mint condition and is autographed by Paul. And it was only $108, I think I got a deal.

Mike

68sunlitgold

Mike & Casey,
congrates on getting Paul's first book, they are definitely getting hard to find and it does have alot of good info in them. I was watching both of them just to see what they would go for.

Doug

mmarsalone

Doug,

I won Paul's second book a few weeks ago from talan423 on Ebay also. Now I'm waiting for Paul to put out his new book.

Mike

case12

Mike - That's ok. I am glad you got the book. I received mine in the mail, and I read it cover to cover right away. I have to say that it was worth it, and it sure shows how much of Paul's life has been devoted to this great car. It makes me feel that much more priveleged to have Paul answer our questions right here on this forum. I add my name to the list of those ready to buy his next book.

My first GT/CS is on its way from CA and should be here in a week. I will let you all know when it arrives. I am like a kid waiting for Christmas. Casey

68sunlitgold

Casey,
I kow what you mean about reading the book from cover to cover. Even thought I received my book awhile back, I too could not but it down until I read everything in it. I actually stumbled on the special car one day while in Oklahoma City on business. I went to Mustang Parts of Oklahoma (a place I often visited when I lived there) and while looking through all the Mustang books, I found Pauls second book. I fliped through it and wondered what was this Mustang? I purchased he book for, believe it or not, $10 (it looked like it had been there for awhile). Once I read it, I was hooked and started looking for my GT/CS. I found it on this site. I wish you the best in both of your endeavors.

Doug

P

PNewitt

Probably one of the most unusual ways that I've shared my book with an owner was during a trip from Las Vegas to L.A. during the American Pony Drive in 1989.

A father and son from Arizona showed up for the drive, and we started out with about 100-200 other ""stangs" for the journey. While in the desert on hwy 15, I got the other CS to pull alongside my CS--at about 75mph, mind you...and passed a copy of my book to them out my driver's window to the passenger window of their CS.

Shades of an episode of "Fear Factor".

They then pulled back behind me, and I saw the car kinda swerving a little in my mirror.....

When we got to the next stop, I found that they were fighting over the book while driving!

Paul.