• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 2011 International Mustang Meet

aemoo28

Here is a review from Hot Rod Cafe. I'm LOVING the Highwayman.

www.hotrodcafe.com

Notice- the link isn't working for me right now.

This place has 22 of the most interesting hamburger creations I've ever seen. All their patties are hand formed onsite and I didn't count how many different types of buns are involved.....
I've tried the Bleu Lincoln (bleu cheese and a peppercorn crusted-hand-formed patty), the Brooklyn (its a standard reuben sandwhich with a hamburger patty added!), and the Highwayman (this a beef patty on a bunch of ham, topped with onion rings, cheese and BBQ sauce all between a "knot" bun). They have all been delicious so far!
Christian, the daytime bartender, is a delight and goes out of her way to make the experience as good as it can be!
My only suggestion would be to update their website with the current expanded burger menu!

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

The car show on Sat is noon-4:00 and the BBQ (sold out) is 5:30-7:30, so I was kind of thinking leave the show field around 4:30-5:00 for the half hour drive and be there 5:00-5:30. That way those that want to head back early can, and those that want to stop off for a beer at the rvrtrash shack, can.

Steve

limelyt

The car show on Sat is noon-4:00 and the BBQ (sold out) is 5:30-7:30, so I was kind of thinking leave the show field around 4:30-5:00 for the half hour drive and be there 5:00-5:30. That way those that want to head back early can, and those that want to stop off for a beer at the rvrtrash shack, can.

Steve

Cindy and I will be there (LIMELYT), see you at the SHOW!!!!

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Well my day has gone down in a smoking ruin---literally. It started when I took my '73 through the tech line at the IMM. They told me I had to be in modified class instead of stock because in addition to the aftermarket intake, I had an aftermarket stereo, battery and radiator cap. Whaaaat? I figured I could deal with that because even though the stock radio doesn't work, I could put it in and I have an old stock radiator cap, so I skipped the party and headed home to do some last minute modifications. I got 5 miles from home and noticed a huge smoke screen behind the car. My brand new tranny lost the front seal I think and dumped all it's fluid. OK, here's where it really gets good. I had two cars entered, the Mach 1 and the CS. The only place the tow truck driver could set the Mach 1 was in front of the gate to the back yard, which blocked in the CS. I have entries for 2 cars and can't take either!

Steve

68 special

WOW, when it rains it pours. Sorry to here that Steve. Are going to get the CS out at all this weekend?

Bret

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

WOW, when it rains it pours. Sorry to here that Steve. Are going to get the CS out at all this weekend?

Bret

I think so, thanks to Arlie and his family. They came over, but he has the pics and I'll let him tell the story, if he choses. I got to meet Bill and Tanner (Traveledgtcs), along with Gary (Limelyt) and Bob (Northern Pony). What a great group we have. I really enjoyed talking to everyone at the IMM. I left early since my nag didn't make it to the starting gate, but I have to say there were more beautiful Mustangs there than I have ever seen in one place before.

Steve

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

Sorry Amy, I'm not any help in that department. I had to go in to work to take care of payroll, and then went to the show for only a few hours to hang out with my new CS buddies. Didn't even think of a camera until I left work and headed over.

Steve

Mosesatm

Sorry, I was on the road for a week with a busted laptop screen.

Here are some photos I took.

Bill, and Gary & Cindy, (and Bob but he didn't have a car there) were the only car owners I met.

Attachments

• Gary - White Car - Bill.jpg
    Gary - White Car - Bill.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 54
  • Yellow - Aqua.jpg
    Yellow - Aqua.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 56
  • White GTCS Convert.jpg
    White GTCS Convert.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Orange GTCS Convert.jpg
    Orange GTCS Convert.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Aqua.jpg
    Aqua.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

limelyt

I did not get much chance to talk to people or talk pictures, clean the car till 9am, voting on cars from 10 till 3pm, seat and visit till 4pm. A very long day….. but a great weekend. 570 mustangs registered from 64.5 to 2012.

After the 9 hour ride home we need some time to straighten the back (long time in the old gal) and see what pics I got....we’ll keep you posted.

As for the results we placed first in the GT/CS stock, Bill and Tanner took second and there was a white with black vinyl roof GT/CS that has been to all but two of the 32 Internationals got honorable mention. There were also two cars in the modified class.

Got to meet Arlie (MOSESATM) and Steve (RVTRASH) wish we had more time to talk…maybe but next time.

Next years International is in Winnipeg Manitoba CANADA

TraveledGTCS

Here are some photos I took, one of the GT/CSs - in the foreground the three in Stock Class and the backgound shows the two in the Modified Class. I also took a photo of the scorched underhood from the fire last month (Power Steering Return Failure Thread). The last photo is of the award received. There was no class stipulated on the awards - just the placing.

Bill

Attachments

• IMM GTCSs.jpg
    IMM GTCSs.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Underhood.jpg
    Underhood.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMM Award.jpg
    IMM Award.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 51