• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Convertible on eBay - a Convertible?

jerry119

There is a convertible GT/CS on eBay....did Ford make convertible GT/CS? There are other suspicious things about the car, like the 67 Dlx. Interior dash and what appears to be a 65, 66, or a 67 Dlx. Steering Wheel. What's the opinion on this? Smells like a fake to me...

StraightSix

Fake, fake, fake. GT/CS's were coupes only. HCS's were coupes only in '68, but could have been anything in '66-'67.

-Winston

kevin

Banned
I'm having trouble finding the convertible for sale on e-bay. Could you post the item #? I would like to get a good laugh at it. thanks

The 1967 HCS convertible is real. For all of you that do not believe it, click on the "Hartman HCS" link on the left side of this web site and you will find it to be true!

This HCS like all the rest in 1966-1967 were dealer installed options, unlike the 1968 HCS and GT/CS built out of the San Jose plant in California that spoted the Shelby look options. This convertible sports a front fender badge with "High Country" on it. The dealers in Colorado even came out with "Ski Country Specials" sporty a metal badge.

So before you call this car a "fake" due your due dilegence as these cars were the begining of what was yet to come for 1968!

Learn something everday.
Martin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=Martin link=board=1;threadid=477;start=0#msg2566 date=1056557550]So before you call this car a "fake" due your due dilegence as these cars were the begining of what was yet to come for 1968![/quote]
Martin,

I'm not sure who you were directing this at. No one said a 1967 HCS convertible was a fake. The original question was about a convertible GT/CS, which StraightSix correctly called a fake. StraightSix then goes on to say that, "HCS's were coupes only in '68, but could have been anything in '66-'67" which is absolutely true, as you said yourself.

So is there some confusion here? Is the car on Ebay maybe a HCS and not a GT/CS? No one has posted a link so we don't have any more info to go on then what we were originally told (ie. that it's a GT/CS)

hookedtrout

Sure is a sweet looking car, I wouldn't kick it out of bed excuse me I mean the garage. Nicely done and and looks to be in pretty sweet condition from the pictures. $26,000 is certainly a bit much for me however.

Cory the Hookedtrout

Sarge

At least the seller had an additional comment which suggests it is not a CS. Too many inconsistencies, interior, steering wheel, rims, mufflers, radio antenna, etc.

One thing I will say, it is a VERY nice car for someone who wants to fool 99.9% of the population! Caveo Emptor (let the buyer beware.......)

Robert

bish

No way the GT/CS police would let that clone slip by unoticed ;D
But I have to admit that I think it looks sharp ;)
It looks like it has a 67 dexlue dash, a 66 deluxe steering wheel and 68 deluxe doors.
In a nutshell, I'd have to say it's a great restomod.
I guess I'd take it if you put a gun to my head.

quicknick

Ok, ok, I'll come clean since everyone else is. I think the car looks great! That was hard for me to type since I am the #1 clone hater in the world.

RacingFan

::)
No doubt one of the better looking clones I have seen. I think the contrast between the 68 Deluxe door panels and the 67 deluxe seats and dash is stunning. I know Paul had mentioned that Ford really should have built a GT/CS convertible! I appreciate the fact that the seller mentioned not once, but twice in his ad that this either may not be or was not a true GT/CS. But with the bids around 15,500 for a very nice convertible, it is appreciated by the customers. Who wants to get in on a pool about high bid and whether it meets the reserve or not????? ;D

Talan423

if the reserve is $26,000, no way will it make it there. they are already starting to get down into the pennies!
i also have to admit... it is a nice looking clone.

tom

RacingFan

Well, that little convertible clone hit the reserve at $25,000 with a day and a half left on the auction. Holy Pricey Fake Batman........how high will it go???????

Boy I Wonder (Humor for the older crowd....) lol

Sarge

Just another comment about this... eBay notes that "The seller ended this listing early to sell to the high bidder(s) at current bid price." First time I have ever seen a comment like that. Food for thought!

bish

Someone paid a lot of money for that one.
When I see people paying that kind of money it makes me wonder what I could get for mine. Maybe it's time to upgrade to a Shelby?

quicknick

You won't need to upgrade to a Shelby bish. The way price trends have been going lately, Your Cal Spec will be worth $50,000 in two more years. :p

bish

We can only hope our cars values will keep rising like the Shelby's ;D

What was the final price when the car was pulled? Maybe the seller knew he had a good buyer when he saw who had the highest bid.

Talan423

at this rate, shelby owners will be selling their cars to upgrade to a gt/cs!!!!!!!!!!

I was Jacksonville when the Sheriffs Office auctioned this car off a couple of years ago. The bidding went pretty high as I recall. I was drawn to the car because I thought there were no convertible CS cars. After questioning the deputies about the VIN (or lack of one) I was told it had an Arizona state VIN. This means that the car could have been built from a salvage unit or cobbled together from parts. There was no VIN on the left side fender apron or on the driver side door. I don't remember if there was VIN in the window or not.

The car is nice and has some unique features but it is indeed a fake.