• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Lime Gold GTCS Mecum Scottsdale

Mosesatm

Attachments

• 65966799-770-0@2X.jpg
    65966799-770-0@2X.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 121
  • mustang.pdf
    216.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 1968-ford-mustang-cali.pdf
    142.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 00d0d_k0d00SChDpv_1200x900.jpg
    00d0d_k0d00SChDpv_1200x900.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 147

Eyewood

Lime Gold GTCS Mecum

How do you find out what a car sold for on Mecum? I went online afterwards as I was curious to know what it sold for and couldn't find the sale price of this or any car.. (first time on Mecum).

I was thinking of cruising down to Irvine to view the car as it listed for $39,900 on eBay. Quite a jump from $18,700...but not surprised.

Last edited:

prototypefan

How do you find out what a car sold for on Mecum? I went online afterwards as I was curious to know what it sold for and couldn't find the sale price of this or any car.. (first time on Mecum).

I was thinking of cruising down to Irvine to view the car as it listed for $39,900 on eBay. Quite a jump from $18,700...but not surprised.

Go to the top of the page at Mecum and Login.....it will show all the prices

prototypefan

Better yet......get the Hammer price app

It shows not only sold prices but the high bid on no sales....fabulous

Eyewood

Thanks for your help. I must have gone into the PHX auction too soon afterwards prior to them posting b/c that is clear as day lol! Yeah, $18,700.

I love the Lime Gold color and the white vinyl top/stripes combo. Shame it's so obnoxiously priced. Regardless I'm going to get down to check it out. Hope he has the Marti on it. Does anyone have any requests or questions that you'd like me to ask? LMK.

Jon

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Here's the Marti Report.

Attachments

• 8R01J163171_stdrpt.pdf
    179.8 KB · Views: 63

Eyewood

Thanks for the assistance guys. I just downloaded the app and Marti.

I'll report anything out of the ordinary regarding the CS when I visit.

Last edited:

Eyewood

Well, checked out the car on Friday. Older repaint, not original. Overspray green on the rear leafs and other areas lol. Makes sense with lack of GT/CS stickers on scoops. Drives tight; steering slop not bad.

Problem is this car needs every little thing replaced. Even the chrome trim on rear window has dent...how does that happen lol?

Here are highlights:
- Cowl, no idea if compromised at all. water test not performed.
- two dimples in original hood (bummer)
- rust bubbles in usual lower panel areas
- torched 1" dia hole in left shock tower...interesting.
- rear tail light panel extrudes out further than should...not sure why - made it difficult to open the trunk b/c my fingers couldn't turn key once I engaged it. Interesting. Trunk looks good (original paint etc). My CS has 1/2" gap and this one at least an inch b/t metal and fiberglass panel.
- Transmission pan soaking wet
- Brakes fine, need TLC for perfect adjustment
- white silicone caulk around entire windshield and rear lol
- no idea of originality of carb, did not take cleaner off (needs rebuild)
- kick down cable needs adj.
- trans shifts great, feels tight at shifter too.
- interior normal wear and tear.

Two biggest concerns are the tail light section gap and cowl. Otherwise, this is a perfect car to drive for fun and restore at some point.

This location rebuilds classics (resto-mods). I think after winning the bid at Mecum, they realized the cost to restore would be greater than the return, thus this immediate listing.

If anyone is interested in the car and have further questions, let me know.