• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 CS and HCS Coffee Table Book

Northern Pony

Cory;
This is a great idea to basically come out with a book on "our" web site and cars. Count me in. I will promise to talk with the other Alberta owners and try to get something as a group as well as individual. Rob's thought on having a book to carry on cruise nights and S&S's strikes a familiar cord.
I have a book " Mustang " by Peter Henshaw, that has my SVO in it. He took pictures at a Mustang International in Montana, and it is fun to get autographs from the owners that have their cars pictured.
BoB

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

I just wanted to tell everyone that we definitely want to include all 1968 CS and HCS owners that are members here so if you know of some of the members that don't always get on line please let them know. We should have plenty of room in the book to accomodate everyone as far as the 68's.

I like the comments around autographs that will be fun as we meet we get our book signed, hadn't even thought about that.

Thanks to everyone for the positive reception thus far. I'm no professional writer but it certainly is my hope that we can make this into something that everyone involved can cherish as a part of all the CS HCS fun.

Cory

PFSlim

One idea just to think about. I am assuming that everyone still has their calendar shots from years past. If there is that amount of interest, you might just think about including all the calendar shots from years past. Lots of good photos out there. At least it would be a start.

I think that everyone should submit though. All GT/CS's have character (no matter what condition) and mean so much to everyone.

Renee - I propose that it is your deal (The Foster GT/CS) and I will support you with past pictures or stories. That way we wont confuse any readers.

Paul

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Another comment, once this book is published to www.blurb.com anyone can purchase the book for the price that I set, my intent is to set the price at what ever the minimum is required to cover blurb's costs. So just because you don't have a car in the book you can still buy the book if you are interested. There will be a virtually never ending supply of books due to the fact that they won't print until you order and pay for it.

Cory

PonyGal

Paul,

I don't have a tenth of the stories that you have about my car, so I wouldn't even THINK about submitting without your help!! We can either post separately with my story following yours, or work closely together on 'our' pages. Whichever works out best for you (and any page constraints).

Cory,

Again, this is an awesome idea!! I will probabably buy more than one copy since it would make a realy nice gift! At the very least I will buy two copies. One to 'show' and one to keep in pristeen condition to go with the car for the rest of it's long and happy life.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Paul,

I don't have a tenth of the stories that you have about my car, so I wouldn't even THINK about submitting without your help!! We can either post separately with my story following yours, or work closely together on 'our' pages. Whichever works out best for you (and any page constraints).

Cory,

Again, this is an awesome idea!! I will probabably buy more than one copy since it would make a realy nice gift! At the very least I will buy two copies. One to 'show' and one to keep in pristeen condition to go with the car for the rest of it's long and happy life.

The really cool thing about this is the guy making the book is easy to work with, back to back sections one for the early years of the car in the making and one for the new owner is just a perfect way in my opinion to present it.

Cory

aemoo28

Count me in. What a great idea! How about pics of us next to or with our cars?

How about a group section of "CS support missions"?

Like the recent photo from my "make her cool" Sunday with Rob C? Like the pic of Ron (clubpro) pushing my 68 up to his driveway (with the AAA guy) when she died in Ca on the way home to Wa?

When is the deadline for submission, Cory?

Jon, put your car in!

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Count me in. What a great idea! How about pics of us next to or with our cars?

How about a group section of "CS support missions"?

Like the recent photo from my "make her cool" Sunday with Rob C? Like the pic of Ron (clubpro) pushing my 68 up to his driveway (with the AAA guy) when she died in Ca on the way home to Wa?

When is the deadline for submission, Cory?

Jon, put your car in!

A lot of things will depend on how much participation we get, I hope we get a ton, a perfect book would be cover to cover chapters on members and their CS's and HCS's. If we aren't filled wall to wall I plan to have a few chapters in the front that lay out the life history of the CS HCS and then we have a little life history on Jon's web site, thanks for all you do Jon, I hope you can give us some early history here on what inspired you to start this site, and then we have all the member chapters of their cars and I hope we can be a bit flexible here for multiple car owners or the multiple owner car stories etc. Then in the back we have a small chapter to give some recognition to the fact that they are making a new CS and a few pictures there. And then we finish off the book with several pages of group CS pictures and car show pictures. Does this sound like all the information you would like to see in the book?

Another topic soon to come up is the front and back cover, I can assure you my car isn't worthy. I have a few samples I'll post up tonight after I get home from work. I haven't decided if I just do it or if I want to go to all the work to create multiple choices and then have a vote?

Anyone please chime in if you have any ideas. I'll be as flexible as I can without letting it slow down the big picture which is getting this done and on your local coffee table.

Thanks, Cory

Mosesatm

Maybe Don will include some information about, and photos of, the model, and the model that posed for the model!

Mustanglvr

What a great idea!! Count me in.

Will the book violate any copyrights like for Ford or Paul Newitt? Someone should consult an attorney before starting this, just to be sure.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

I have just posted a new post, it is called "You In A Book", please go to this post, I have requsted through Jon that he sticky it. Once you get in this post it gives details on how to get your name on the list and what the plan is going forward.

In a nut shell I need to get the first few chapters, basics of what a GTCS and HCS are and hopefully a chapter from Jon on how this wonderful web site became a web site and grew into what it is today. At that point I will start the member chapters/sections and contact each of you one at a time to do your chapter.

Go to the post "You In A Book" and sign up as directed.

Thanks everyone.

Cory

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

What a great idea!! Count me in.

Will the book violate any copyrights like for Ford or Paul Newitt? Someone should consult an attorney before starting this, just to be sure.

I think we can keep all the boring (to non CS HCS owners) details out of this book and fill it with wonderful pictures of everyone's beautiful mug shots along with some beautiful pictures of your car.

We should be able to say things like Ford made a really cool car back in 1968, in fact they made somewhere around 4000 of them and called them California Special Mustangs and High Country Special Mustangs. They modified the cars a little to give them a unique look to help spruce them up a bit as you will see when you dive into all the wonderful pictures in this book full of member photos. Rumor has it they were trying to boost sales on the wonderful little car they called the Mustang and this was the result. Not having many of them made has certainly made the car they call the California Special and High Country Special rare breeds indeed and those of us that have them surely cherish them.

All those coveted details are emblazoned in our brains so when your wonderful neighbors pick up the book off your coffee table (they really aren't all that interested in the super fine details like us owners) you can fill in all the little gaps as they read and browse the book, making you look like a walking HCS or GTCS encyclopedia. ;)

Anyone see any issues with this approach, any attorneys or attorney's friends out there, I would certainly hope we don't have to retain an attorney for this? If we do then someone needs a timeout.

I would hope that our effort here is very clear in that we are not trying to compete with or even compare with what Paul Newitt is trying to accomplish, comparing what we are doing here with his book would be like comparing my personal life journal with the museum of natural history. If Paul or anyone comes after us or hassles us for this I think they are missing our point entirely which is a californiaspecial.com family photo album of all of us that love these cars and nothing more and I think they would furthermore be damaging their own future not helping it, we all need support not enemies.

We are FAMILY bonded by a car we all love and we just want to share our stories.

Cory

Doug

We are FAMILY bonded by a car we all love and we just want to share our stories.

Cory[/QUOTE]

As I see we are sharing our kids’ baby pictures – as long as the photos shared are ones that you took and did not hire a professional (can you say royalties) I don’t see a problem.

But who know what someone with come up with.

PonyGal

I read through all of the "Terms and Conditions" on the website (zzzzzzzz), and as long as Cory has been granted permission by other members of the site to use their photos and stories there is no problem with copyright laws. We just can't use copyrighted material like the Ford Oval as a single stand alone picture. And like Doug said, any professional photos probably can't be submitted unless you have rights to them.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

I read through all of the "Terms and Conditions" on the website (zzzzzzzz), and as long as Cory has been granted permission by other members of the site to use their photos and stories there is no problem with copyright laws. We just can't use copyrighted material like the Ford Oval as a single stand alone picture. And like Doug said, any professional photos probably can't be submitted unless you have rights to them.

OK then, that should cover all the legal jargon, did you get my email Renee on the book cover?

Here is our first and hopefully only condition. By sending me information as described through the You In A Book thread you are in turn giving me your authorization to include you in the book, any and all photographs that are sent to me by you must be legal and proper and I will assume they are so, unless your car has no GT/CS or HCS clothes on at which time I will promptly return them as not proper. ;)

Thanks for your cooperation, now please go sign up so we can get this ball rolling. If we get prompt response in signing up and I get the first couple of introductory chapters done I think this will go very fast.

Cory

case12

This is awesome Cory. Thanks for doing this. I really look forward to it. I sent you the email requested. What a cool idea!! Casey

PonyGal

Cory,

I sent you an email. I guess I need to get my car all shined up and go take lots of pictures!

Tim, Grab your camera - I need your help :wink: There is a great spot not too far away from my daughters house where we could take some awesome pictures!