• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mustang Times correction

68sunlitgold

I noticed in the lastest issue of Mustang Times that there is a correct to the number of GT/CS's that was stated in the Feb issue. However they stated the GT/CS's without the HCS's, so the total given is 3,867 which is correct but it would have been nice to also state there where 251 HCS's built in '68.

Doug

case12

Doug, the editor, Mary Jean, was very nice and insistent on making the production number correction. The wording I provided was 4118, with 251 being HCS and 3867 being GT/CS. But, from there, the editor has editing rights.

On the positive side - This may leave a big door open for someone to submit an HCS to Mustang Times for an article and discuss it's ultra rarity in connection with the GT/CS.

Casey

hicountrybob

case12 said:
Doug, the editor, Mary Jean, was very nice and insistent on making the production number correction. The wording I provided was 4118, with 251 being HCS and 3867 being GT/CS. But, from there, the editor has editing rights.

On the positive side - This may leave a big door open for someone to submit an HCS to Mustang Times for an article and discuss it's ultra rarity in connection with the GT/CS.

Casey
AND I MAY JUST DO THAT, CASEY. My only hesitancy, as I respond here on our site, is the fact that my HCS cars have been featured in Muscle Car Review and Mustang Monthly and Mustang And Fords mags quite often in the past few years and I don't want READERS of these Mags. and Mustang Times (and I am a MCA and SAAC member), THINKING I'M INTO OVERKILL on this year and model Mustang(it's OK for my site friends to know it). So should I just stick to the topics ie. rarity in #'s produced and the lack of and WHY few Deluxe Interior, PDB and AC cars(in HC's anyway), few 6 cylinders, 390-2v as well as 390-4v and 428 CJ AND/OR WHAT ELSE would need to get out there and/or said????? Also,BE thinking of a HEADING for such an article. On the other hand, probably only a small percentage of the readers of the 2 Mustang magazines are MCA members! Then, too, even many MCA members may never have seen Cal Specials nor HCS's, so maybe it is time to write a Introduction Class 101 into the curriculum. BUT, I'll talk to Jon and Paul N. next month at the Knott's Show and get some ideas, comments and directives on how to pursue Casey's WELCOMED "door" statement(how's about some joint effort out there)???? If you owners on this site have any comments, ideas or input to share, let's hear from you here on this thread). Thanks, Casey, HiCountry Bob Teets here.

case12

Bob - you're right....there are lots of cool things to write about. Maybe there is an original owner out there? The 428CJ could be another angle? Some personal story about a Denver/West dealer, or some DSO discussions could make for a good story? Another idea could be several on the site pull together HCS pictures and contribute to a single written article? The article could also leverage the 66 and 67 years since the badge was the same (who came up with the HCS badge design?). Maybe a 66 from the site, a 67 from the site and a 68 from the site could be put together to do an article on the HCS legacy? The ideas are flowing......:ponder:
Casey