• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Brake line removal

nfrntau

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to remove these clips? I tried squeezing the prongs and that didn't appear to do it. The clip for the fuel line ended up popping out of the body leaving a slightly bent out hole.
Thanks
Bill

Attachments

• DSCF1997.JPG
    DSCF1997.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 62

PFSlim

Bill

I can't tell for sure by the pic, however, if it is what I think it is, you would spread out instead of pinching. In reverse, as you install the new clip, you pinch together to make the other side installed in the hole spread out.

If that does not look like the way it works, maybe send another pic or provide us with more information about where the clip is located.

Hope this helps.

Paul

OP
OP
nfrntau

nfrntau

That was exactly right. I was squeezing instead of spreading. I ended up squeezing from the interior and they popped right out.
Thanks