• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Parchment vinyl roof - Exact color?

Cool Manchu

Hi GT/CS'ers

I plan on replacing my black vinyl roof with the original parchment vinyl roof.

Given that it's called parchment, I am going to assume that it's not exactly white. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Is there a specific color of vinyl that matches it best? Has anyone found an online store that for sure matches it properly?

Does anyone have a good picture of the color that they could share?

franklinair

It may be called Parchment, they look White to me. NPD lists it as White.

Neil

Attachments

• 023 (5).jpg
    023 (5).jpg
    170 KB · Views: 22
  • 279.jpg
    279.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
Cool Manchu

Cool Manchu

Thanks! Any chance to get to see more pics of your car makes it worthwhile to start a thread. :)

So NPD has this to order? I just scoured my mag and looked online, but couldn't find it.

I must be searching the wrong terms.

OP
OP
Cool Manchu

Cool Manchu

franklinair

I THOUGHT the only choices in 68 were Black or White vinyl coverings. Perhaps Marty can be of help.

Neil

CougarCJ

One of my co-workers recently chose to go with a premium vinyl top for his Cougar. If you really want the best, look into the OEM material that can be found at SMS Auto Fabrics. SMS Link

This is the direct link that shows texture front and back compared to what is easily available like in the above links from NPD.
http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19713#p19713

There is a huge difference in quality and cost. SMS should be able to provide the factory 1968 Mustang white/parchment vinyl top color too.

Ruppstang

I THOUGHT the only choices in 68 were Black or White vinyl coverings. Perhaps Marty can be of help.

Neil

Neil Ford referred to it as Parchment. A Dearborn buck tag used the abbreviation PARCH on it for the parchment vinyl roof. It is also listed as Parchment on the Marti reports. It was a bit off white, looks better with more colors than pure white.
Marty

OP
OP
Cool Manchu

Cool Manchu

One of my co-workers recently chose to go with a premium vinyl top for his Cougar. If you really want the best, look into the OEM material that can be found at SMS Auto Fabrics. SMS Link

This is the direct link that shows texture front and back compared to what is easily available like in the above links from NPD.
http://www.classiccougarcommunity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19713#p19713

There is a huge difference in quality and cost. SMS should be able to provide the factory 1968 Mustang white/parchment vinyl top color too.

Do you happen to know which texture they went with? And the exact color? That site offers so many options...

somethingspecial

Another good one for the Restorartion Reference section, at least the Vendor info. Thanks Scott.